IGNORED

Squad Numbers

Ashton Great

Just had a quick flick through the training ground photos and it's interesting to see the numbers on the training kit that the lads are wearing. Of course these might not mean anything, but a lot of the players have the same number from last season. And seeing as they're wearing spanking new kit, you'd have to assume that they are wearing their allocated kit for the season...

Notable changes I can pick out:

LJ - 8

B.Wilson - 25

Gerken - 22

Akinde - 16

Williams - 15

Marv - 7 (I think it's marv tussiling with Trunds?!)

Walker (I think) - 24

Looks like Maynard tussling with Trunds to me. The number is only in his training bib so wouldn't think that will be his actual squad number. LJ surely can't be number 8... We'll be saving that for when Lita signs :tumbleweed:

Good shout, I thought it was too small to be Marv but from that angle it's quite hard to tell!

I think it is Marv with Trunds - Defo not Maynard

Why would Johnson take 8 when he has been 33 for the past 3 years?

Same with Marv - Why would he change when he has had 25 for 2 years?

I'd imagine it's because the numbers 1-11 are more exclusive and tend to indicate that a player is first choice (not always the case obviously). Also 7 & 8 have been worn by Scotty & Nobes for the last 2 years so have only just become available

Guest Eamer
I think it is Marv with Trunds - Defo not Maynard

Kidding right?

Firstly, it looks like Maynard 100%.

Secondly, Elliott has a massive tattoo on his shoulder as seen in the bleep test photos.

As said above, training numbers are completely seperate from squad numbers.

I know on occasions that players wear numbers that aren't their own in training, but seeing that it's the start of a new season with new training kit I reckon they've been issued with their squad numbers for the season already. We'll soon find out I suppose

Why would Johnson take 8 when he has been 33 for the past 3 years?

Same with Marv - Why would he change when he has had 25 for 2 years?

Because Noble is gone and 8 is now available, and is a typical CM's number. And given that he is our first choice CM I'd say the signs add up!

It says just above all of the pictures that the numbers are training numbers, all provisional and do not represent squad numbers.

We had the same discussion last year when somebody wore 23 and everyone said Lee Trundle must be leaving because he hasnt been given his own number etc.

It says just above all of the pictures that the numbers are training numbers, all provisional and do not represent squad numbers.

We had the same discussion last year when somebody wore 23 and everyone said Lee Trundle must be leaving because he hasnt been given his own number etc.

True, some people just don't read the small print!!!!

Good spot - i'm sure that wasn't there earlier?!

Be interesting to see if any of these are correct though, more additions from the second set of pics:

Marv - definately 7

Clarkson - 9

And some people only post on here to shoot others down to make them feel good about themselves

Taken from BCFC "Please note all training numbers are provisional and do not represent squad numbers for 2009/10"

It wasnt a dig just saying cant understand a post saying about new player squad numbers when the official site sais there not!!!

Archived