IGNORED

The Forgotten Man

croax

That is Mr Gavin Williams. Everybody seems to have forgotten how well he was played in the second half of last season.

All this talk of bringing in a central midfield player seems somewhat odd.. is it really needed?

It will only improve our 1st 11 if GJ decides to drop LJ or not. We already have three top central midfielders in Williams, Elliot and Skuse and then arguably Johnson. But what with GJ's reluctancy to drop LJ I don't see how signing another central midfielder (unless he's something special) will make any difference?

The 07/08 season I defended Johnson as I thought he had a good season whereas in 08/09 I just felt he was frustrating and his involvement was resticting our progression and options. There are rumours of us signing Hartley, but I cant possibly see where he's going to fit in? Everyone talks of 'another season with Johnson unless we sign a central midfield player'. Even if we do I can see 'another season with Johnson'.

I believe we should keep LJ he's a good squad player but he's not what were looking for if we want to progress.

with hartley arriving I think we well be playing a 433 formation. Hartley, elliott and johnson in midfield would be a good combination. it should give little lee a bit more freedom going forward, where he can create more for the forwards

With 7 subs next season it will make a difference having a strong bench.

If Trundle has eaten too much ice cream on his holidays and makes the squad we will need a strong bench!

So there is no advantage to us, as other sides can name a "strong" bench.

Only if they have a squad with strength and depth.............i'm sure some of the smaller clubs will have to fill a couple of the slots with YTS and acadamy lads who will have very little first team experience. I wouldnt call that 'strong'.

If he's on his game, in excellent condition, happy, and playing in the right role he can be one of our best players. I would like to see him try to force his way into a starting position this season, hes got the ability for sure, maybe needs to be a bit more adaptable and consistent I think to give GJ headaches.

He played well when in the centre of the park but keeping him fit and keeping his performances to a consistent standard isn't as easy as it sounds. For instance whilst Gav poses a useful range of passing he often holds on to the ball too long whereas I would imagine an experienced player such as Hartley would have the better footballing brain and know when to hold and when to move the ball.

Archived