IGNORED

Why Close The Sale Of Season Tickets?

alanpayne

I am with you lads, cannot understand the thought process behind it. The 'walk-up' is going to be, at best, the same or more likely less than last season and fewer away fans will travel in a recession. Average home gates this season will fall imo therefore to around 14500-15000. Does not make business sense to me.

I agree, If City signed a couple of quality players between now and the start of the season a few people who have not bought tickets may well then wish to purchase season tickets.

I know you will get people in here who will say if you are a city fan you should already have your ticket but the fact remains some people always wait to see what sort of team they have.

It seems a silly idea to end season ticket sales on june 30th and start transfers on July 1st, Madness.

Here's a few possible reasons:

1) More walk up potential because we will not be limited to just single seats left (we were capacity limited last season and walk up pays 50% more per seat)

2) Deadline gets as much money as possible in early so we know what we can spend in the transfer window

3) Anybody that was going to renew would have done it before the deadline so why not have one and get the money in the bank and earning interest?

You won't get more sales by leaving them on sale longer you will just spread them out.

3) Anybody that was going to renew would have done it before the deadline ..

You won't get more sales by leaving them on sale longer you will just spread them out.

You are wrong. I'm testiment to that and others have stated (see bez above for one) they intended to renew but now aren't able to.

I've had a season ticket for 5 years so the assumption that the difference between last seasons 13,000+ sales and this season 11,000(ish) sales is entirely made up of the Premier League chasing one season brigade is blatently innacurate. There may be other contributory factors especially in the current economic climate.

IMHO Sexstone a ballsed up (again), pure and simple.

on the offical website steve lansdown said "if anyone feels like they werent able to purchase for whatever reason before the deadline please speak to us"

and if an official openend.co.uk website existed it probably would state

'if Steve Lansdown or Colin Sextone wonder why a 5 year season ticket holder hasn't renewed please speak to him'

I wont be calling the club pleading for special treatment.

You are wrong. I'm testiment to that and others have stated (see bez above for one) they intended to renew but now aren't able to.

I've had a season ticket for 5 years so the assumption that the difference between last seasons 13,000+ sales and this season 11,000(ish) sales is entirely made up of the Premier League chasing one season brigade is blatently innacurate. There may be other contributory factors especially in the current economic climate.

IMHO Sexstone a ballsed up (again), pure and simple.

Just because there is a public deadline doesn't mean the club will rigorously enforce it. They don't need to.

There will be at most a tiny handful of people who were fully intending to renew but forgot or didn't know about the deadline.

The vast majority of people who didn't renew weren't going to anyway. There's nothing about the economic climate that effects WHEN you are going to renew particularly when there are payment plans available.

Had the club kept them on sale until the start of the season they would not have sold noticeably more and they would have had the bulk of the money 6 weeks later when the transfer window is mostly over.

Just give them a ring and I'm sure it will be fine.

Just because there is a public deadline doesn't mean the club will rigorously enforce it. They don't need to.

There will be at most a tiny handful of people who were fully intending to renew but forgot or didn't know about the deadline.

The vast majority of people who didn't renew weren't going to anyway. There's nothing about the economic climate that effects WHEN you are going to renew particularly when there are payment plans available.

Had the club kept them on sale until the start of the season they would not have sold noticeably more and they would have had the bulk of the money 6 weeks later when the transfer window is mostly over.

Just give them a ring and I'm sure it will be fine.

This just begs the question "why have a deadline at all?" If someone decides in September that they'd like a season ticket, and it's still worthwhile after missing only a few games, why not? People may move to the area, have a windfall, change their minds after our great start (!) - any number of reasons at all. I see no sense in having any deadline at any point.

This just begs the question "why have a deadline at all?" If someone decides in September that they'd like a season ticket, and it's still worthwhile after missing only a few games, why not? People may move to the area, have a windfall, change their minds after our great start (!) - any number of reasons at all. I see no sense in having any deadline at any point.

Because the vast majority of people intending to renew will do it before the deadline and then you have the money in early, can budget properly and earn interest off it. No deadline, the money is spread out right until kick off on game 1.

Because the vast majority of people intending to renew will do it before the deadline and then you have the money in early, can budget properly and earn interest off it. No deadline, the money is spread out right until kick off on game 1.

It seems to me the vast majority of people will automatically buy season tickets before the season starts anyway, so having a deadline about a month before that can make bugger all difference to the cashflow planning. If that difference is concerning the club, we should be worrying!

It seems to me the vast majority of people will automatically buy season tickets before the season starts anyway, so having a deadline about a month before that can make bugger all difference to the cashflow planning. If that difference is concerning the club, we should be worrying!

This is the first time they've had a deadline like this I think and actually the club probably had no idea how many would renew given the people who bought with the Prem in mind last time plus the credit crunch. It seems very sensible to me. I've yet to hear a good reason why not to do it. I expect a month's worth of interest is comfortably five figures as well.

This is the first time they've had a deadline like this I think and actually the club probably had no idea how many would renew given the people who bought with the Prem in mind last time plus the credit crunch. It seems very sensible to me. I've yet to hear a good reason why not to do it. I expect a month's worth of interest is comfortably five figures as well.

I think you're dead right. i think another two reason are so they can put aside some half season tickets ready for christmas... and last season some pay on the day people were put off when told the told there were only single tickets left, so that gives the club more cash if we start doing well.

Intend to be buying 3 at the end of the month,are they going to say i can't have one :noexpression:

I would not count on it, I always get the impression that the commercial sector of the club enjoy being by the book with process that puts the fans 2nd.

I called early on to renew my ST but did not have the client number to hand. They would not take my payment and carry out a straight forward transaction. I must have had "we made it very clear to everyone that you needed the number" quoted several times during that conversation. In the end I had to call back the next day to spend a few hundred pounds.

It also seemed odd that the club shop was able to close for 2 days a while back for a stock take. Most business would have done this late at night but seeming not AG.

recession? what recession? process before supporters and revenue. I don't get it!

Yes, probably £125.87.

Have you seen the pathetic interest rates available at the moment?

If the club sold 11000 s/ts at an average of £400,and the best interest rate they got was a staggering 4% they would reap £176000 pa. interest (gross). Not likely to keep BCFC afloat!!

If the club sold 11000 s/ts at an average of £400,and the best interest rate they got was a staggering 4% they would reap £176000 pa. interest (gross). Not likely to keep BCFC afloat!!

The average price is nothing like £400, the top price is just over £400. 30% of the 11,000 are freebies to children and another 20% to concessions and East end !

Archived