IGNORED

Craig Mackail-smith

cidercity

I noticed this earlier, believe it was intitially linked sometime last week.

Would make sense from our point of view, similar player, positionally wise, to Tommy Smith I believe.

The obvious stumbling block would be the fee as I would imagine Mr Fry and co will want a bare minimum £2 million.

I noticed this earlier, believe it was intitially linked sometime last week.

Would make sense from our point of view, similar player, positionally wise, to Tommy Smith I believe.

The obvious stumbling block would be the fee as I would imagine Mr Fry and co will want a bare minimum £2 million.

Cant see them letting him go to be honest.

Guest DanC

Thing is teh posh are like us really. They really don't have to sell unless a silly offer comes in or they no longer want that player. Considering they only have 2-3 strikers then a silly offer would be required but we are not a club that tends to pay over the odds for a player apart from Maynard.

Guest RobbieTurner
Thing is teh posh are like us really. They really don't have to sell unless a silly offer comes in or they no longer want that player. Considering they only have 2-3 strikers then a silly offer would be required but we are not a club that tends to pay over the odds for a player apart from Maynard.

and I cant see us making a silly offer for him.

The signing of Maynard pretty much set the benchmark for young promising league 1 strikers, the Posh will see the £2.25 mill we spent on him and will demand something around that figure (possibly more). To much of a gamble to be honest when there are much more proven strikers out there that will not be as costly.

Archived