IGNORED

Alex Russell/paul Hartley

thinking about hartley signing and the type of player he is reminds me a lot of when we signed alex russell.

at first i had my doubts about russell, a 30+ signed on a free transfer from torquay and hadnt ever played above the bottom divisions. but when he finally got over his injuries, he played a very important part in our promotion to the championship.

now in a higher division, i think hartley could be a very decent signing in the same way russell was. he has fantastic quality and will hopefully see him holding the city shirt very soon.

thinking about hartley signing and the type of player he is reminds me a lot of when we signed alex russell.

at first i had my doubts about russell, a 30+ signed on a free transfer from torquay and hadnt ever played above the bottom divisions. but when he finally got over his injuries, he played a very important part in our promotion to the championship.

now in a higher division, i think hartley could be a very decent signing in the same way russell was. he has fantastic quality and will hopefully see him holding the city shirt very soon.

Good comparison - though I think Hartley will make more of a physical impact than Alex Russell.

Personally i don't think i would be comparing a journey-man league two centre midfielder with a class act who has won the scottish premier league and played in the champions league!!!

I believe this could well be the best signing Gary Johnson has made since Basso. He is quality and i don't think he will just be here to see out his contract, he is not that type of player. Cant wait to see him play alongside elliott in midfield. Just hope he can stay fit.

Archived