IGNORED

Bids? More Players On The Way......

terjon

OK Brilliant we have signed some players,

but just a thought............

We had a bid of £1.5M excepted for Lee martin.........hes now gone to Ipswich .............so we must have that money left to play with...

We also bid around 700K for De silva which they turned down, we have know signed Hartley I guess instead of de silva for free...........so we must have some money also left over....

It looks like mccindoe will be going after bid accepted by city, remoured 750K so thats also money in the pot.......

so we may have around £3m in the kitty for a wide man and a stiker.....

Any thoughts guys

OK Brilliant we have signed some players,

but just a thought............

We had a bid of £1.5M excepted for Lee martin.........hes now gone to Ipswich .............so we must have that money left to play with...

We also bid around 700K for De silva which they turned down, we have know signed Hartley I guess instead of de silva for free...........so we must have some money also left over....

It looks like mccindoe will be going after bid accepted by city, remoured 750K so thats also money in the pot.......

so we may have around £3m in the kitty for a wide man and a stiker.....

Any thoughts guys

I don't think we ever had a bid accepted for Martin, although we enquired about him.

I suspect we've spend a fair chunk of GJ's budget on Hartley's wages across the year - i suspect he's costing at least 700k more across the year than Da Silva would have.

MM's fee has been touted as low as 400k.

On the plus side - Steve L is RICH RICH RICH! :pray:

GJ and SL have always maintained the conversation of "Mr Manager you have £20 to spend" do not exsist. GJ does his homework on a player and goes to SL with his tail between his legs and cap in hand and SL signs the cheques. Thats how I believe it to be there is no transfer budget as such.

As for players, I don't think we are going to be in need of wingers next season on a whole as I think GJ is going to play with 3 central midfielders. Maynard, Sproule and Clarkson upfront. I do however think we could do with 1 "big un" to play up front.

Archived