IGNORED

So Who Did We Have A Bid Rejected For?

Edge1981

The workstation I'm at said Peterborough rejected 1m from 3 Championship clubs for Makail Smith, and told them to at least double the offer. We were told that Johnson offered 2m for him, they replied with 3 and its a deal.

That is one player I'd love to see us sign.

Not sure about £3million for him though!

No. I don 't like the idea of spending £3m at Championship level at all, regardless of how good the player is, but this lad must be worth £1.5m. I guess it depends on whether we think he has Premier League potential, in which case it's an investment. He's certainly good enough for this league from what I've seen (was particularly awesome against us).

no need to be going up to 3m for him. As mentioned by others posh don't need to seel so anyone that does leave will only go for twice what they are worth (like the 5m valuation given to wolves for mclean). Plus we have got two smallish goalscorers now i expect we will prob look for something a bit different to meet GJ's clubs in the bag approach, either a big target man or a pace-merchant. Mackail-smith might not even fancy leaving as posh look like they have a pretty decent set up right now. Also although i do think hes a good player and could step up, he is currently unproven at this level.

Since Gary said we had had a bid turned down and would not follow up with another bid until we returned from Portugal presumably it wasn't Haynes. Given what he has said today I assume it's a striker. :fingerscrossed: Unless of course he was putting us off the scent. Inconceivable I know. :innocent06:

Archived