IGNORED

Zheng Zhi

Zheng Zhi has left Charlton. He is a midfielder who can also play in defence. in 2008 he was voted 5th best player in the championship.

Could be a good signing if GJ was interested ?

Thoughts..

Good spot and a decent player, but with respect I would have thought we're up to our quota of midfielders by now, especially with Skuse already able to move between there and defence, if necessary. We're already speculating about who among our central midfield players is going to struggle to get in the side and what tactics we'll adopt to accommodate Hartley.

The spine of the team still looks to be in need of attention to me and would be higher priority in my book: a big centre half of true Championship quality; an orthodox centre forward with genuine physical presence. McCombe has done remarkably well for a man I thought wouldn't last long at this level and all credit to him for that, but I still don't see him as a Championship class CH, and we will need a commanding player against those sides who field a powerful centre forward - like Forest and a certain Dele Adebola, for example. And we often struggled last season when we didn't have that same gentleman up front to do the heavy duty stuff.

And on top of that, there is the ongoing MM saga and the real possibilty that we could start the season without a first choice left winger/midfielder. I'd be astonished if we moved for Zheng Zhi, to be honest.

Archived