IGNORED

Portugal Tour Line Ups

edson

Sorry to have removed the thread, but we've been asked to delete it by the club, as Gary doesn't want it reported on at this stage.

He's asked politely and for the right reasons, so in the interests of keeping relations good with the club and the Trust, we've agreed to it.

Please can people not post match reports or line-ups from the tour for now.

Thanks.

Sorry to have removed the thread, but we've been asked to delete it by the club, as Gary doesn't want it reported on at this stage.

He's asked politely and for the right reasons, so in the interests of keeping relations good with the club and the Trust, we've agreed to it.

Thanks.

:disapointed2se:

I understand the reasoning, and I sympathise with the position that the mods and admin find themselves in, but I still think it's wrong that this happens.

Guest Eamer

It wasn't exactly anything shocking or anything to start rumours going. Didn't even know there were going to be any games whilst over there.

Thanks.

i take it that means we have a few trialists over there then?????

:disapointed2se:

I understand the reasoning, and I sympathise with the position that the mods and admin find themselves in, but I still think it's wrong that this happens.

Yeah, I understand people won't necessarily agree and I do sympathise with that view. But we've been asked and Gary wasn't very happy about it, so we had to make a call in the interests of keeping relationships on a good footing between various parties.

It's not something we enjoy or feel comfortable doing, but the club would prefer it to be kept under wraps, so we're respecting that.

Guest Eamer
Shame that they can't be posted. Thought the forum was now independant from the club?

The forum is run by the Supporter's Trust who want to keep a good relationship with the club.

Shame that they can't be posted. Thought the forum was now independant from the club?

The forum is paid for by the Supporters' Trust, who have a very good, close working relationship with the club and, I'm sure, would not wish to jeopardise that unnecessarily.

Gary has politely asked us to remove the team line ups from the forum.

We feel, on balance, it's sensible to respect that request.

The forum is paid for by the Supporters' Trust, who have a very good, close working relationship with the club and, I'm sure, would not wish to jeopardise that unnecessarily.

Gary has politely asked us to remove the team line ups from the forum.

We feel, on balance, it's sensible to respect that request.

I fully understand where you are coming from. At least we now know Gary comes on here so must read all the crap posted about his son!

GJ has ordered a gag order on our forum, the same forum that BCFC got rid of.

Politely requested or otherwise its a gag order, otherwise relations will be strained. I take that to mean that certain moderators will cease to recieve insider club information.

GJ has done a lot for our club, but I am dumbfounded by this "request". It sounds like an autocratic modern day Caesar.

In effect, a City fan travelling to Portugal as a private citizen, cannot send their thoughts or observations to an open forum. What if a newspaper, Sky news, or Sporting Life thought it worthwhile or newsworthy, could they not print the story. Iran did the same thing, cut off emails, twitter and other media so the outside world would be cut off. Iran is a bigger example, however the principle is very much the same.

That is my opinion.

GJ has ordered a gag order on our forum, the same forum that BCFC got rid of.

Politely requested or otherwise its a gag order, otherwise relations will be strained. I take that to mean that certain moderators will cease to recieve insider club information.

GJ has done a lot for our club, but I am dumbfounded by this "request". It sounds like an autocratic modern day Caesar.

In effect, a City fan travelling to Portugal as a private citizen, cannot send their thoughts or observations to an open forum. What if a newspaper, Sky news, or Sporting Life thought it worthwhile or newsworthy, could they not print the story. Iran did the same thing, cut off emails, twitter and other media so the outside world would be cut off. Iran is a bigger example, however the principle is very much the same.

That is my opinion.

I'll nip that one in the bud now.

It has nothing at all to do with personal relationships. Please see my earlier replies.

Guest Eamer
Or he gets told.

I seem to remember GJ saying he is useless with computers (in regards to prozone) and Millen is the one who does all the computer work so maybe it's him who looks around the forum.

aah I see. Shame really though that the club feel as if they can't even tell the clubs own fans this sort of information if there was no names there that we were not already familiar with.

Maybe its more to do with the names that are not there? I dunno, just guessing.

I'll nip that one in the bud now.

It has nothing at all to do with personal relationships. Please see my earlier replies.

You can bud nip all you want, but the whole thing is on the nose and totally unprincipled.

We are from different generations and I treasure the freedoms gained from 2 world wars. We appear to be at variance, so lets leave it at that. I wont change my opinion and I'me sure you wont change yours. Fortunately in a democracy we can have different viewpoints.

You can bud nip all you want, but the whole thing is on the nose and totally unprincipled.

We are from different generations and I treasure the freedoms gained from 2 world wars. We appear to be at variance, so lets leave it at that. I wont change my opinion and I'me sure you wont change yours. Fortunately in a democracy we can have different viewpoints.

If the Trust tell us to reverse the decision, we will.

If you really want to bring World Wars into it (which seems a tad over the top to me), it could be argued that "careless talk costs lives", to give an equally over the top response.

I find this very strange. If there were details of trialists, then you could understand. But it was the squad split into two teams, neither of which you could say was the first XI.

So, I cant see what info was given away??

Whilst I understand the point being made (by 'Rednready)' I'm not sure talk of World Wars and Iran is incredibly necessary.

Just as with potential signings, Johnson wishes to keep his cards close to his chest. Whether this be down to unknown people who are there, known people who are not there or the testing of different formation/tactical combinations can only be speculated. However I certainly cannot say I'm especially bothered by this development, Johnson is shielding something for a reason and no doubt that reason, whatever it is, is in the interests of BCFC.

Storm in a teacup.

• SC&T Board Members
If the Trust tell us to reverse the decision, we will.

If you really want to bring World Wars into it (which seems a tad over the top to me), it could be argued that "careless talk costs lives", to give an equally over the top response.

As Edson says, the Trust funds OTIB, but does not 'run' it. The decision to delete the original thread was, I understand, taken by the mods, who are a totally independent group of experienced forum users, who provide their moderating services voluntarily.

I've got a copy of the original post and, to be honest, can't see what GJ is so concerned about. Even the line-ups that were posted were not said to be 100% certain, but just what the poster thought they were.

In principle, I think that the club requesting posts on here be deleted (save any that may be libellous) is morally wrong. However, I don't see the request to delete this particular post, trivial as it appears, to be significant enough to fall out with them over it. We will continue to need open channels of communication to fight the fans' corner on more important issues in the future, so personally I'm not about to suggest to my Trust colleagues that we ask the mods to reverse their decision.

I think they were unfairly put in an invidious position by the club, but - on balance - their decision was the least worst option available to them.

As Edson says, the Trust funds OTIB, but does not 'run' it. The decision to delete the original thread was, I understand, taken by the mods, who are a totally independent group of experienced forum users, who provide their moderating services voluntarily.

I've got a copy of the original post and, to be honest, can't see what GJ is so concerned about. Even the line-ups that were posted were not said to be 100% certain, but just what the poster thought they were.

In principle, I think that the club requesting posts on here be deleted (save any that may be libellous) is morally wrong. However, I don't see the request to delete this particular post, trivial as it appears, to be significant enough to fall out with them over it. We will continue to need open channels of communication to fight the fans' corner on more important issues in the future, so personally I'm not about to suggest to my Trust colleagues that we ask the mods to reverse their decision.

I think they were unfairly put in an invidious position by the club, but - on balance - their decision was the least worst option available to them.

Very good post, and I would agree the Mods have been put in a very difficult position. IMO this is the most overt media management in terms of spin to date.

I have to assume that the manager has what he feels are very legitimate reasons for the request and as a supporter I go along with that to a degree. But it is a difficult one and something that in modern life is all to apparent and I have to say I don't like it.

The Trust have little choice when the club ask them (via the mods) to do censorship on here. Hopefully the Trust will be making the point with the club quite strongly that this is an independent open forum and if the club wants something kept secret then they should keep it secret so it doesn't get on here in the first place.

As fans we should bear in mind that GJ is not secretive for it's own sake. He gives fairly frank interviews at the appropriate time (after deals are done and dust is settled). Therefore presumably there is some reason for his request that he will explain in an interview in a week or two, hopefully it means something positive like impending transfers.

I am going to stick to my theory that he wasn't bothered about this match report, but the next one in which JVoH scores 6 needed to be kept under wraps.

The thing is, it was posted and as you say I couldnt see anything within that post that Gary would have any issues with.

If he asked nicely that any future posts be removed or for members to not post teams or anything then I could understand because perhaps there is something going on in Portugal that they want kept under wraps, for example a player we might have signed/be signing that they don't want to be made public knowledge yet.

But the fact is, the post was made - I couldnt see anything wrong with it as in revealing anything at all, so I think that its made a bigger issue out of the whole thing by removing it. Had they just kept quiet and let the post slip down the forum then everyone would be happy. But as it is, there seems to be a storm in a tea cup being made out of all this.

The Trust have little choice when the club ask them (via the mods) to do censorship on here. Hopefully the Trust will be making the point with the club quite strongly that this is an independent open forum and if the club wants something kept secret then they should keep it secret so it doesn't get on here in the first place.

As fans we should bear in mind that GJ is not secretive for it's own sake. He gives fairly frank interviews at the appropriate time (after deals are done and dust is settled). Therefore presumably there is some reason for his request that he will explain in an interview in a week or two, hopefully it means something positive like impending transfers.

I am going to stick to my theory that he wasn't bothered about this match report, but the next one in which JVoH scores 6 needed to be kept under wraps.

Eloquently put and balanced post Nibor. It's true that Gary is more frank than most Managers, at the appropriate times. That being so I'm prepared to give him some leeway (generous of me what? :innocent06:) on occasions like this. Just wish your last sentence was right. :disapointed2se:

Archived