IGNORED

Hereford Utd Vs Bristol City Match Thread

Somerset_Sam

I agree with most of that except I didn't really see much of Fontaine and I thought Orr had an absolute nightmare only rivalled by the Greek triallist.

I wasn't too taken by Clarkson but he only had 45 minutes in sodden conditions so unfair to judge.

As for the Finnish triallist, well I hope Johnson had a contract under his nose before he'd got his wet soggy shirt off.

Second half was characterised by a team of City players I didn't recognise. However, Willow, Ribs and Frankie definitely played at the back because Gerkin (I presume) kept shouting at them. I also thought "Ash" was good in the middle though helped, as you say, by a superior Skuse.

The Hereford goalie did all the shouting in the first half and our Gerkin did all the shouting in the second half. I thought the Greek triallist looked useful, in what respect do you think he had a nightmare? I'd give the man of the match to Cole Skuse or Lee Trundle - not sure which as they both played very well and intelligently to help beat what was a very dogged looking Hereford side.

Trundle did well then? I'm glad. I had heard from a sauce, the club wanted him out but he returned to training over weight and he couldnt be sent out on loan because of his massive wages and obviously the fact he wasnt no where near fit. I'm hoping this isnt the case as, despite it looking highly unlikely, Trundle could have a future, but the signing of Haynes seems to of put an end to that.

Seems like a tale of 2 halfs, typical pre season game. Looking foward to seeing the Finnish lad on the wing, seems like he did well. Even though hes right footed, could be another club in the bag for us, seems to be a tricky player with a bit of class, lets hope hes in the David Noble mould but better!

Bring on Ajax anyway!

I'm going to do my round up of the game in The good, The bad and The ugly:

THE GOOD

1. Strangely enough Lee Johnson played very well and looked very sharp. Granted though this is against lower league opposition which I maintain he will always play well against

2. The new greek midfielder played well also although I felt that the ball ran through the middle far too much and he was in a lot of space on the left without anyone passing to him. he is definitely worth taking on from first viewing.

3. Gerkin looks solid in goal, good communicator, huge kick and made a brave save in a small ruck of players.

THE BAD

1. Bradley Orr was poor by his usual high standards.

2. The trialist centre half didn't really play well and was caught not paying attention to the man behind.

3. Herefords substitutions seemingly replaced a team of very good standard for that level players with poor players.

THE UGLY

1. The weather at Hereford could have been better

2. Bradley Orr's slip up for their first goal

3. The pitch along the away side completely turned into puddles!

All in all it was a welcome back to football for me. Really enjoyed the game as it was attacking, could have gone either way and tested each and every one on the pitch.

The Hereford goalie did all the shouting in the first half and our Gerkin did all the shouting in the second half. I thought the Greek triallist looked useful, in what respect do you think he had a nightmare? I'd give the man of the match to Cole Skuse or Lee Trundle - not sure which as they both played very well and intelligently to help beat what was a very dogged looking Hereford side.

In the respect that he got caught out of position constantly, didn't have any pace, let their forwards get in behind him and barely won a header. Other than that, quite useful I guess.

I can only assume though that your whole post is in jest when you refer to Trundle as a possible man of the match.

In the respect that he got caught out of position constantly, didn't have any pace, let their forwards get in behind him and barely won a header. Other than that, quite useful I guess.

I can only assume though that your whole post is in jest when you refer to Trundle as a possible man of the match.

I thought the central defender Greek triallist did alright, barring a few slips on the wet surface our defence - including the Greek triallist - contained Hereford quite well. As for Trundle, he made quite a few deft touches and passes to play the younger and quicker players into the attack in the second half. We'll get a better idea on those triallists tomorrow evening against Ajax and they'll both - undoubtedly - do better on a drier surface..

Archived