IGNORED

Trialist Reports From Hereford

internetjef

Can anyone who was present tell us how the greek centreback and the finnish midfielder erimenko got on tonight against hereford?

Are we looking a future reds or the next trialist who 'isnt better than we have already' and let go

I must say i have high hopes for erimenko, don't think the defender is such a pressing issue but will be happy to eat my words if he signs and becomes a hero

The No. 11 and the No. 28 were brilliant. If Johnson doesn't sign one of them I will be seriously disappointed!

The greek guy had never played in a monsoon...or at centre back apparently....his positioning was suspect to say the least. Having said that, he had Fontaine at left back (hello Gary, Gary - it doesn't work) and Orr at right back who had clearly been on the Bristol Cream from Portugal all afternoon.

Just got back from the game. Eremenko I'd like to see him get another run out against Ajax, quality performance in first half while playing central pulled strings and looked to pass the ball forward at every chance. Looked a little lost in 2nd half while out on the left wing but the rain soddened wings of the pitch probably didn't help probably deserved a goal after rattling the bar.

As for our Greek friend, personally thought he was out of his depth again rain probably didn't help however that is a typical English winters day.

The No. 11 and the No. 28 were brilliant. If Johnson doesn't sign one of them I will be seriously disappointed!

The greek guy had never played in a monsoon...or at centre back apparently....his positioning was suspect to say the least. Having said that, he had Fontaine at left back (hello Gary, Gary - it doesn't work) and Orr at right back who had clearly been on the Bristol Cream from Portugal all afternoon.

I'm not to sure if you are stating with tongue in cheek that 11 & 28 were brilliant. They were the same player. just changed his shirt for a dry one at half time.

midfielder was different class, always had time on the ball, on what i saw tonight i'm not sure why he was on trial, unless he wanted to see if we were good enough for him,

i can't remember any hoof balls upfield in the first half, it was good to watch, played 4 3 3 first half, where i thought we played better, played 4 4 2 second half played worse ( the pitch didn't help though ) and scored twice ......

Gerkin was talking to the back four, all through the second half, which i think helped them ...

worse player on the night Brad, a few good attacking runs, but defensively a shambles, and when their winger got away from him, he just gave up as though he knew he wouldn't catch them,

Ribs was a fast as last year, James Wilson looked comfortable at centre back, the trialist centre half had a dodgy first few minutes, and is not a first header winner, but in other aspects i thought he did ok, he tidied up around the back four, and passed the ball out of defence to one of our players, not a hopeful hoof down field a la McCoombe.

Plummers beefed up a bit and did well, Skuse was everywhere in the second half, and was very impressive.

there were a few hoof balls in the secnd half, none of which we won,

back to the trialists, i'd take them both, but then i liked the young Man Utd left winger who was on trial with us at forest green last season, and he was let go.

we fizzed the ball about well tonight, there will be a few teams won't fancy playing us, if we can keep doing that in the league ........

oh, and HI TO VANMAN, it was good to meet you. :tumbleweed:

From a well respected City fan (who is not normally given over to misplaced hype) via the BCFC List - seriously interesting:

Eremenko is the most exciting trialist I can ever remember seeing. A quality player with great creative vision and distribution. He seemed equally happy to play on the left, right or in the centre. Sometimes tucking in behind the forwards and at other times dropping back to bring the ball out of defence. A very mature footballing brain and looking to offer all the things that have been missing since Tinnion hung up his boots, and possibly much more besides.

No 11/28 was class and has real quality. hit the bar from 25 yards in 2nd half and 30 yards in 1st!

He must have threaded 4 passes for Nicky M in the first half from half way line. Nicky M would be paying the guys wages to get him in the team! He could have a huge impact for Maynards goal tally.

He was no near as effective in 2nd half when he was out on the left having said that he saw little ball. He seemed to be more central as everything was to brad and Ivan in 1st half.

Overall I would fear that he would not add natural width but could see him more central. For all his class would he be more effective than williams over a season?

"We don't need zidane, we have Tim sherwood" Jack Walker circa 1996 :disapointed2se:

Archived