IGNORED

Players Signed

Snufflelufagus

Hello

We seem to sign lots of players on undisclosed fees. Do you think it is important that as fans we know the fee?.

Sometimes it adds a wow factor and then other times it may go against the signing as it could possibly put too much pressure on them.It also introduces negative feedback ie he's not worth that.

I also wonder who suggests the undisclosed fee ie the buying team or selling.

Hello

We seem to sign lots of players on undisclosed fees. Do you think it is important that as fans we know the fee?.

Sometimes it adds a wow factor and then other times it may go against the signing as it could possibly put too much pressure on them.It also introduces negative feedback ie he's not worth that.

I also wonder who suggests the undisclosed fee ie the buying team or selling.

I think undisclosed fees are a good thing, like you said, it takes pressure off the player. Also it is good for the club selling the player because if that team bids for players, other clubs will inflate their prices if they know they have just received alot of money from another transfer,

I think undisclosed fees are a good thing, like you said, it takes pressure off the player. Also it is good for the club selling the player because if that team bids for players, other clubs will inflate their prices if they know they have just received alot of money from another transfer,

There's no problem in my eyes with undisclosed fees. As has already been said it takes the pressure off the player, despite the fact that they will undoubtedly know the fee, but it also makes sure that other clubs don't tailor their selling prices to suit what we are spending for other players. If it saves the club money then it can't be a bad thing.

I think most fans could have a pretty good guess at what the potential fee would be, and the total for transfers will show up in the accounts. So with a bit of arithmetic you could work it out pretty closely I would think.

Don't see a problem with it, keeps budgets under wraps - just need gobby managers like Davey, Magilton etc to keep their traps shut and no one would have a clue!

Keeping it undisclosed is a good thing. If every club did it then we probably wouldn't see as many rediculous fees being banded around between clubs.

That happened with Man U this season when they sold Ronaldo for £80 million. Bayern Munich knew that had all that money so they asked for something stupid like £60 million for Ribery.

Archived