IGNORED

Gj

'Orns

Just watched the latest interview with GJ, he's got his spring back. Forget who it was, but someone but a thread up at the end of last season saying GJ was down in a particular interview, no sparkle in his eyes and a lot of us, including me, agreed with him. A few of us were a little worried that maybe this was all coming to an end, he took a lot of stick towards the end of last season, his boy was copping it - would be easy (ish!) to walk away from it all.

Look at him now, he's buzzing. SL is once again backing him to the hilt, paying good money for young talent, and some really big money for the glue to hold it all together. I was a little worried about this season a month ago, I've always backed GJ and I've always defended him on here to all the doubters that have slagged off his work in the transfer market, the Football Manager comments, the comments about fans leaving before the 90 mins are up etc. Some of it was in hope that things were going to get better this season, call it blind faith if you want. City is my club, I want it to be rosey all the time, I know it can't be - and I've seen enough crap over the years, as we all have, to know that we should celebrate the good times. None of us know if all the signings will come off, but I'm chuffed to bits with the dealings this summer. I'm no great fan of McIndoe, but think him staying (unless someone else comes in for him) is pretty much the final piece of the jigsaw for the coming season. Just a big bully, kick ass centre forward needed now please.

GJ has got his sparkle back, I'm looking forward to this season more than I thought I would be, what a summer it's been at the Gate.

Thank you SL, thank you GJ - always believe? Hell yeah, I'm a believer!

Just watched the latest interview with GJ, he's got his spring back. Forget who it was, but someone but a thread up at the end of last season saying GJ was down in a particular interview, no sparkle in his eyes and a lot of us, including me, agreed with him. A few of us were a little worried that maybe this was all coming to an end, he took a lot of stick towards the end of last season, his boy was copping it - would be easy (ish!) to walk away from it all.

Look at him now, he's buzzing. SL is once again backing him to the hilt, paying good money for young talent, and some really big money for the glue to hold it all together. I was a little worried about this season a month ago, I've always backed GJ and I've always defended him on here to all the doubters that have slagged off his work in the transfer market, the Football Manager comments, the comments about fans leaving before the 90 mins are up etc. Some of it was in hope that things were going to get better this season, call it blind faith if you want. City is my club, I want it to be rosey all the time, I know it can't be - and I've seen enough crap over the years, as we all have, to know that we should celebrate the good times. None of us know if all the signings will come off, but I'm chuffed to bits with the dealings this summer. I'm no great fan of McIndoe, but think him staying (unless someone else comes in for him) is pretty much the final piece of the jigsaw for the coming season. Just a big bully, kick ass centre forward needed now please.

GJ has got his sparkle back, I'm looking forward to this season more than I thought I would be, what a summer it's been at the Gate.

Would a spring in your step be the beginnings of a bounce........Johnson says.....

Great post, this season could & maybe will be awesome, we aint just got a team we got a squad & a quality one at that, roll on DePreston!!!

Would a spring in your step be the beginnings of a bounce........Johnson says.....

I think it might just be my friend!

Also, all the interviews with the new boys - is it me or do they all seem really up for this? They're not going to come in and seem down, but they all seem really pleased to be here. Maybe I've got the red tinted specs on again, but maybe these infamous GJ interviews are really coming through now, good players, good lads - all wanting to come to Bristol City. Good times!

Archived