IGNORED

New Striker Discussion

internetjef

With GJ keen on bringing in one more striker at least to add a bit of physical presence, whos out there and possibly avavilable/interested

here are a few of the ones on RedMats rumour list that might not be unthinkable?

Andy Gray

Caleb Folan

Jason Roberts

Marcus Bent

Marlon Harewood

Anyone heard of anyone else who could be on the move and might fancy leading the line for the mighty reds??

With GJ keen on bringing in one more striker at least to add a bit of physical presence, whos out there and possibly avavilable/interested

here are a few of the ones on RedMats rumour list that might not be unthinkable?

Andy Gray

Caleb Folan

Jason Roberts

Marcus Bent

Marlon Harewood

Anyone heard of anyone else who could be on the move and might fancy leading the line for the mighty reds??

I'd expect its someone out of the 'radar' and probs hasn't been mentioned on this forum.

He's only confirmed that we ain't going for JVOH and that he's got a couple of bids in for strikers of physical presence.

GJ may go for a direct Dele replacement, i.e. someone good in the air, older and experienced at a high level.

Andy Gray would seem to fit the bill and probably wouldn't expect to play every game.

I believe the days of seeing City players playing 40+ games a season maybe coming to an end with the squad that GJ is putting together. I do like the thought of Andy Gray if we can get him cheaply. Another wise head amongst the youngsters and most importantly he has a point to prove as never really lived up to his big transfer fee at Charlton.

Years ago whilst on loan with us Jason Roberts walked out on the club when only asked to sit on the bench. He had come on as a sub in the previous game and got the winner at Oldham. He obviously thought he was bigger than BCFC and should have automatically started every game.

We don't want players like that here

Andy Gray

Caleb Folan

Jason Roberts

Marcus Bent

Marlon Harewood

None of these really excites me. I'm probably playing championship manager here but they're all to my mind in the same Group as Chopra or Earnshaw - players who have built a big reputation on one or two good seasons and nothing since. If we get in a target man he will need to have experience, so maybe I'm being too picky. But I'd almost rather leave it to akinde and improve our other strikers' ability to hold the ball up.

Archived