IGNORED

Would We Be In The Same Position

bcfcbs20

i remember a while back there was quite alot of noise from the press some business man from scandinavia i think was trying to buy bcfc for around 50m

so do you think we would be in the championship signing good players with a genuine chance of reaching the Premier League in the next few years with a great stadium in the pipe line if we got took over

for me we have a great chairman in steve lansdown who is passionate about bcfc and if he sold the club i don't think we would of seen what we are currently experiencing now

QPR, there's your answer, or Man City last season. Money doesn't buy happiness, and even if it did - Football is about hard graft to reach the top, not a quick fix foreign billionaire. We have a Chairman who is passionate about the club and works very hard for it to be successful, but he doesn't throw his money at the squad, with the able assistance of Johnson's sensible spending budget. The "I go to the Chairman about a player and we discuss it" routine from GJ with Lansdown's astute business mind and sense of purpose is a credit to the club.

If Bristol City had been bought by an overseas investor for £50m, we may well be in the same lucky position we are in now (building a promotion-chasing squad, new ground etc), except the Chairman would probably not be a passionate Bristol City fan in the way that Steve Lansdown is.

We are very lucky. Mr Lansdown has achieved the dream we all aspire to; to work hard, make a substantial pile of cash and invest heavily in the Mighty Reds. I doff my cap in his direction for what he is doing, because I for one can't stump up the amounts of dosh that he does so often.

Anyhow, Scandinavian investors - the thought makes me shudder. The last Scandinavian who walked into the Gate didn't exactly leave us in a good shape did he?! Step forward Benny Lenny.

It was all make believe.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/WTPSDetail/0,,1...1065590,00.html

I don't think any change in ownership could see the club in a better position than it is now.

We could possibly have bought a place in the Prem with Saudi oil money or something but I don't consider that to be better.

Sensible investment, sustainable growth and long term plans with the stadium, training facilities and academy. Spot on SteveL.

It was all make believe.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/WTPSDetail/0,,1...1065590,00.html

I don't think any change in ownership could see the club in a better position than it is now.

We could possibly have bought a place in the Prem with Saudi oil money or something but I don't consider that to be better.

Sensible investment, sustainable growth and long term plans with the stadium, training facilities and academy. Spot on SteveL.

over two years ago that story broke no wonder i got a few details wrong

how the hell did you find it on the os nibor

don't want to support City without SL :crying:

best chairman ever, loves the club, only thinks of the clubs future, works hard to ensure we have a chance at the prem, what more can we ask for? oh and he appointed GJ.

when i see other clubs getting screwed over by their ulterior motivated owners i breath asigh of relief knowing we are in safe hands. I hope SL is here forever.

over two years ago that story broke no wonder i got a few details wrong

how the hell did you find it on the os nibor

Nibor is either a machine or keeps the curtains drawn all day.

Nibor knows how to make google do tricks.

All you have to do is figure out an unusual word that would definitely have been in the article and then type:

site:bcfc.co.uk serbian

into google. Hey Presto.

Archived