IGNORED

I'm Feeling Really Excited Now!

Sampson City Reds

Ill probabley get shot down in flames for saying this but I'm going to say it anyway. I am really looking forward now to the season coming as I fell we have a very good chance of getting promotion to the Premier League. Yes I know the season hasnt even started yet and we don't know what shape over clubs in the league are in but I fell GJ has bought some quality players in so far this summer and the squad looks stronger than ever and hopefully with a couple more signings before the start of the season perhaps this finnish youngster we got on trial who seems to have a touch of quality about him and perhaps the lad playing for Dallas which has been talked about on another forum this morning I feel we would have all the tools needed for an assault on the championship crown this year.

All I have left to say is: COME ON YOU REDS!!

Ill probabley get shot down in flames for saying this but I'm going to say it anyway. I am really looking forward now to the season coming as I fell we have a very good chance of getting promotion to the Premier League. Yes I know the season hasnt even started yet and we don't know what shape over clubs in the league are in but I fell GJ has bought some quality players in so far this summer and the squad looks stronger than ever and hopefully with a couple more signings before the start of the season perhaps this finnish youngster we got on trial who seems to have a touch of quality about him and perhaps the lad playing for Dallas which has been talked about on another forum this morning I feel we would have all the tools needed for an assault on the championship crown this year.

All I have left to say is: COME ON YOU REDS!!

With our new squad we should be in the top 8 or playoffs. Our team is alot stronger than the one that reached the playoff final in 2007/2008. Despite the championship being potentially stronger this year, we have a real chance! :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Could be getting a bit carried away but the last week has made me fairly optamistic about getting in the play-offs. This is such a tough league and getting automatic promotion would be tough. But if every one of our signings gel and come off then its a possibility. I'd be happy with 6th spot myself. Can't wait for the season to start.

While its good to be optimistic and all, does it not scare you how few players Newcastle, Middlesborough and WBA have lost from their squads? Sorry but I think will a big ask to get auto, but playoffs could well happen, we won't know till be get started and see how the team plays together, but I would say we are looking stronger than last year.

Newcastle who have an unbalanced team of overpaid bottlers and no manager, Middlesbrough who can't score to save their lives and who we nearly beat in the cup a couple of years back, and West Brom who only just finished above us last time they were in this division? I'm not too worried about any of them.

I am worried that the new signings won't gel and the 4-3-3 formation will be a disaster, but if that doesn't happen I think we'll have a very competitive team who should fear nobody in this division.

optamistic about ... the play-offs

words, same sentence, in the, I would never use those!

I hate the play-offs!!! its always worth a shot but the anguish tears me apart the way we'd get furthest is if we get underestimated (again) we seem to play well against mediocre teams that think they deserve to beat us

Well last time I checked Middlesbrough still had Tuncay,Arca, Wheather,Huth, O'neil, Ailiadiere yes they may lose some players but they still have a lot of players that could easily get in any team in the championship.

Newcastle: Duff (who's said hes staying), Nolan, Geremi, Lovenkrands, butt, martins ,smith.

WBA who don't have to sell anyone and won the championship at a canter two seasons ago..

Sorry but I don't think you can write any of them off.

We have signed a Lot of players WITH POTENTIAL I just hope it all works out for them GJ, SL and the fans..

We certainly have something to look forward to and I hope the fans support all the players and the club to lift them to the PRAY OFFS.

I personally hope GJ has a totally opened mind to his team selections and simply picks the best players and the most exciting team.

433 works for me and we have around 18 players who could make the starting 11.

Not sure promotion is a possibilty but I hope we have a real go at it......

GOOD LUCK GJ, SL and the Players........ :fingerscrossed:

YOU REDS........

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Although our signings could prove successful, we have to remember that Haynes and Nyatanga were both serplus to requirements at mid table Championship teams last year. Both have potential but I don't expect them to set the world alight straight away.

Clarkson and Blackman are both unknown quantities at Championship level and are also a bit of a gamble that could go either way.

Hartley is a quality player but may be past his best...

If Johnson can mould our blend of youth and experience into a good team, then we could have a fantastic season. But its just as plausible that things could go the other way. So lets keep our feet on the ground for now, and look foward to seing the new lads in action tonight!!

:city:

Well last time I checked Middlesbrough still had Tuncay,Arca, Wheather,Huth, O'neil, Ailiadiere yes they may lose some players but they still have a lot of players that could easily get in any team in the championship.

Newcastle: Duff (who's said hes staying), Nolan, Geremi, Lovenkrands, butt, martins ,smith.

WBA who don't have to sell anyone and won the championship at a canter two seasons ago..

Sorry but I don't think you can write any of them off.

Boro - Tuncay won't be there come 8th August. Wheater possibly, the rest don't scare me at all! For O'Neil read Hartley, Arca is well past it, Huth injury prone, Aliadiere :rofl2br:

Newcastle - not bothered in the slightest. They need a take over asap, as soon as that happens most of the big names will go and they will be replaced by who is left on the market. What has Duff done lately? Will be somewhere handy I guess, but look at the bookies, they think they've got it sewn up - far from it.

West Brom - Robinson gone, Greening being chased by Fulham, new manager - that didn't happen last time they came down.

Not saying we're going to spank them home and away, but I really don't see much to fear from the teams that have come down.

If we were to sign a good targetman and good right winger then we have a chance of the top 6 if the players with potential deliver.

I wouldn't be disapointed if we came 10th again as long as we showed signs that we could be a decent team in the years to come. And that is what GJ is doing I think- building a young side with potential who won't deliver straight away but will do in a few years.

Archived