IGNORED

Luis Suarez

GrahamC

Ajax's no.16 tonight, Christ, what a player, cost them 9.5 million Euros and just 22, Uruguayan international scoring every other game for his country, as good as anyone I've seen at Ashton Gate.

Personally I thought they were ALL good? All be it they are 2 or 3 weeks ahead of us with their pre season. Very comfortable on the ball.

MEN against boys.

It was a joy to watch. Quality. Don't really think Ajax got out of first gear (let alone the proverbial second!) and look what they did!

Ajax's no.16 tonight, Christ, what a player, cost them 9.5 million Euros and just 22, Uruguayan international scoring every other game for his country, as good as anyone I've seen at Ashton Gate.

Good shout Sipowicz, among the most fantastically gifted and world class technique laden players I've ever seen in the flesh, and I've been to a few Portugal games... (joke). Haven't seen anyone better on our patch, lightyears ahead of the rest of them.

Will follow his career with interest, stood out an absolute mile.

They were an absolute class apart from the Pompy, Man City and Boro teams we've seen in recent years. In fact, they were the best team we've played since we lost 6-2 to Real Mallorca in a friendly.

It was a fun night of football, and it's just a shame from our perspective that the game didn't come three weeks later else you would've seen a rather different game.

Nonetheless, plenty of work still be to be done but exciting times ahead.

I thought there no 8 looked excellent. Certainly the best side we have seen at Ag since we had that Spanish team down here and we got stuffed by the same amount in that game I think. Even Pompey and Boro in teh cups didn't come close to these guys and I hope maybe we can strike up a sort of friendship with them and maybe in teh future take a few of there youngsters on loans.

Suarez is a class act, I had the luxury of seeing Ajax earlier this year, and reading the programme that day, Suarez was the runaway top scorer in their side and showed his class in that game. He could end up at one of the world-beater clubs sooner or later.

Suarez also impressed me for his sportsmanship. While some of their other players were falling over of leaving their foot in during the first half (number 5 !) he was always quick to offer a hand to our players if they went over and didnt rsort to any diving around (not that he needed to !)

Archived