IGNORED

Danny Haynes

tropicalsurfer

I know this is only one match and he only played 45 mins. But i think he looks really promising. Looks confident when running at players with the ball and managed to skin a few of them on a little run.

Good start lad.

i agree he looks good but we need to see him alot more he showed great ball control whilst running and got back and made some good tackles looks very promising like you say

Thought he was basically the black Ivan Sproule; all be it with a bit more skill.

having seen him play today i must say i am very impressed. the lad looks hungry and played the 2nd half whith a bit of passion.

ok he may of shot a couple of times when pass was better option but he is a striker and wants to score goals and you don't do that unless you shoot!

Did he get a start up front or was he out on the wing again?

He played up front and flashed a cross shot literally an inch wide and shinned a volley after some great movement and a lovely pass by Hartley (who else?) to find him. The lad has got promise I reckon and just needs to show a bit more composure at times.

"The lad has got promise I reckon and just needs to show a bit more composure at times."

Didn't go today, but that certainly sums up his brief appearance I witnessed against Ajax. I did fear we have another 'beep beep' on our hands, but believe we have a bit more quality this time.

He played up front and flashed a cross shot literally an inch wide and shinned a volley after some great movement and a lovely pass by Hartley (who else?) to find him. The lad has got promise I reckon and just needs to show a bit more composure at times.

Agreed. Haynes has the attributes to be a very good player.From what I can gather from reading Ipswhich fans views of him, he hasnt progressed as much as he should do and hasnt become the player he promissed. For me I get the feeling he is a player who has been a tad mis-managed or for whatever reason has been left behind. I'm hoping GJ can get out of him what appears to be lurking somewhere within him. You can tell he has ability. I think he could be a bit of a find for us, as was elliot under GJ.

Thought Haynes was very impressive today, looked really up for it.

Agree with the point about composure and his lack of it. He's definitely an instinctive player.

Nicky Maynard should be looking over his shoulder tonight because this lad is genuine competition.

Ive seen him twice now and ive got to say ive been impressed so far.He is quick,sharp and decievingly good in the air.Ive also noticed that he works hard( obviously out too impress in his 1st few games) and is aggressive to match.Would personally like to see him play up top rather than wide.Sort of reminds me of a Leroy Lita type striker.

Archived