IGNORED

Tonight

mightyreds89

Ajax were top class, no doubt. Top 6 prem team I would say!

Not too worried about tonight as we will not come up against anyting like that this season in the league. This was also their 6th pre season game and only our second, think this was more of a fitness exercise for us than anything and would have been closer if in another 2 weeks time!

Also we had a real mix of new players, trialists and youngsters etc tonight. Plus points for me were,

Riberio looked decent 2nd half and will no doubt push Orr this season, and get games in cup comps and when orr is injured/suspended.

Nyatanga looked decent in second half and will fight it out with McCallister id ad actually say that he maywell become first choice left back sooner rather than later.

Hartley looked a week or 2 behind the others fitness wise having said that he looked tidy and definatly quitened down the Ajax middle man that ran the show in the first half!

Haynes looked lively and i think if played week in week out will prove a good one!

Clarkson also looked lively and reminded a lot of Steve Brooker stong, good on the deck and decent pace.

Downsides for me were,

Not keen on 4 4 3 massive lack of width

Sproule think we need to give up on him 2 seasons and not improved if anything gone backwards, not good enough.

Grekin looked very nervous indeed hopefully will settle down, poor kicking and distribution and sever lack of effort went in to saving the 2nd goal which in fairness was a great finish.

Keeper in the 2nd half was even worse, no thanks!

Not impressed with the greek guy send him back.

Midfielder from Finland looked neat and tidy but hard to tell how he would perform against league opposition think we need to see him against Wolves to get a better insight ie similar level to what we will face next seaosn, easy to shine V Hereford and hard agaisnt Ajax.

My starting team on what I have seen

GK- Basso

RB - Orr

LB - Nytanga

CB - Carey

CB- Fontaine

RW - Haynes

LW - McIndoe

CM - Elliott

CM- Hartly

FW - Maynard

FW- Clarkson

SUBS

Skuse

williams

Riberio

wilson James

Grekin

McCallister

Akinde

Mainly agree and that team is very close to the one I'd pick from our squad right now.

I don't think GJ sees Nyatanga as a left back, he said as much in his interview, so I expect McAllister to play there most of this season given Blackman's age. I think therefore that those two should be swapped and I'd give James Wilson's place on the bench to another forward player.

Ajax were top class, no doubt. Top 6 prem team I would say!

Not too worried about tonight as we will not come up against anyting like that this season in the league. This was also their 6th pre season game and only our second, think this was more of a fitness exercise for us than anything and would have been closer if in another 2 weeks time!

Also we had a real mix of new players, trialists and youngsters etc tonight. Plus points for me were,

Riberio looked decent 2nd half and will no doubt push Orr this season, and get games in cup comps and when orr is injured/suspended.

Nyatanga looked decent in second half and will fight it out with McCallister id ad actually say that he maywell become first choice left back sooner rather than later.

Hartley looked a week or 2 behind the others fitness wise having said that he looked tidy and definatly quitened down the Ajax middle man that ran the show in the first half!

Haynes looked lively and i think if played week in week out will prove a good one!

Clarkson also looked lively and reminded a lot of Steve Brooker stong, good on the deck and decent pace.

Downsides for me were,

Not keen on 4 4 3 massive lack of width

Sproule think we need to give up on him 2 seasons and not improved if anything gone backwards, not good enough.

Grekin looked very nervous indeed hopefully will settle down, poor kicking and distribution and sever lack of effort went in to saving the 2nd goal which in fairness was a great finish.

Keeper in the 2nd half was even worse, no thanks!

Not impressed with the greek guy send him back.

Midfielder from Finland looked neat and tidy but hard to tell how he would perform against league opposition think we need to see him against Wolves to get a better insight ie similar level to what we will face next seaosn, easy to shine V Hereford and hard agaisnt Ajax.

My starting team on what I have seen

GK- Basso

RB - Orr

LB - Nytanga

CB - Carey

CB- Fontaine

RW - Haynes

LW - McIndoe

CM - Elliott

CM- Hartly

FW - Maynard

FW- Clarkson