IGNORED

Nicky Maynard

Redhyde

In a 4-3-3 i don't think he does. He'll no doubt be stuck out wide.

In a 4-4-2 he'll be competing for one place with Clarkson and Haynes.

I'm a fan of his but i don't get what GJs plans for utilising him are.

He started the focal point of a front three last night, although him and Clarkson did appear to alternate.

I think Maynard is our 'number one' striker. If we sign a quality target man then you'd presume they will become the focal point which could, worryingly, leave us with Maynard and Clarkson as the wide options in a front three as Johnson seeks to accomodate his better players into the new system.

I would say Maynard is under pressure. He did okay last year, but didn't play brilliantly or stand out. However, it is all about supply to strikers and we have brought in new people this season who can hopefully do that.

As I understand it, Clarkson is similar so these two will be interchangeable, supported by AN Other

He started the focal point of a front three last night, although him and Clarkson did appear to alternate.

I think Maynard is our 'number one' striker. If we sign a quality target man then you'd presume they will become the focal point which could, worryingly, leave us with Maynard and Clarkson as the wide options in a front three as Johnson seeks to accomodate his better players into the new system.

People may not like Clarkson playing out wide..but that's what he's been doing, and on the strength of those performances the reason we signed him. Maynard really can't do that, and the new number 9 makes Maynard stuck out on the right/left or the bench. Which is crazy for our top striker...

Archived