IGNORED

Dvd Review 0f 08-09 Season.

fka dagest

It's quite useful to watch the review as you get reminded of certain things and it's also useful to put all those 'critical' moments in one compilation.

Anyway, my observations from watching it were:

-Basso made a lot of important/excellent saves last season (& a couple of mistakes). With this in mind, I'm a little puzzled why some posters almost seem eager to see him sold off/replaced.

-McIndoe was heavily involved in a lot of our attacking play and on reflection I'm glad he's staying.

-Maynard missed some real sitters and with better finishing could have ended up with 20 goals last season.

-Likewise with Sproule, could have had at least another 5, although his efforts were often saved rather than wasted.

-We need to find someone who can take a penalty consistently well!

-We barely scored from a set-piece

-End of the season mistakes are too fresh in the memory to need reminders.

I've said it the other day about Basso, our best 'keeper for many a year - I wouldn't want him to go after seeing what replaced him last night.

I never said Basso should go personally but i think Weale would have been equally as good or even better if he was given a fair crack. I think he will come back to haunt us this coming season!!!

- Basso did make some great saves last season but the mistakes always seemed to come at pivotal parts of games. Weale should have been given more of a chance Imo. BEfore we signed anyone it seemed viable that we could make some decent money on Basso to invest in other areas of the squad but strangely enough money seems to have been made available this season.

-McIndoe may well have been a big contributor but he is really poorly used if he tucks in. Whether it be tactical or not he needs to play as a winger to work for the team the most effectively.

-Maynard was playing in his first season in the championship. Likelyhood is that in league one some of his shots would have been fumbled by the keeper or rebounded back to him in league one.

-As for the set pieces Eremenko would have been useful but he's gone now. Can't see any real improvement this season either if Johnson is taking them.

-We need also to hold on to a lead for more than three minutes this season!

Archived