IGNORED

Dark Horses?

Whites

Could surprise a few people and do really well this season??

Newcastle, 'Boro and WBA are expected to figure strongly, I have a feeling (as much as it pains me to say) that Forest will have a good season along with Swansea if they replace J. Scotland.

What are your thoughts???

Cheers,

Whites. :englandsmile4wf:

Could surprise a few people and do really well this season??

Newcastle, 'Boro and WBA are expected to figure strongly, I have a feeling (as much as it pains me to say) that Forest will have a good season along with Swansea if they replace J. Scotland.

What are your thoughts???

Cheers,

Whites. :englandsmile4wf:

Have a feeling that Ipswich will go very well, and like you think that Forest will be top half, but for real outsiders I fancy Doncaster to be a surprise.

I think Swansea might suffer a bit of second-season syndrome like we did last year. They've also changed manager and lost a few players. I think Forest will go very well, Davies is good at getting teams into high positions in this league and will sort them out. QPR will do well if they don't change their boss every few weeks.

This is a strong league any could surprise; we need to get our team/squad together pretty sharpish as our support of them alone does not guarantee success :fingerscrossed: ,.,.or failure

The only teams that worry me this year are:

Derby

Ipswich

QPR

Everyone else I can make a case on why i don't think they'll do as well, but these guys all have money and decent managers IMO (well maybe not Keane, but he's going to have fort knox to play with in terms of transfers so he's buying promotion)

I'm still expecting a mass exodus from Newcastle with lots of players leaving on the last day on the cheap, can't see half that squad wanting to stay with the club

Boro have lost Downing and Alves, Tuncay, Allidere (sp?) will all jump soon. Plus Southgate doesn't know the league

West Brom look to be losing their talisman (Greening) and are being managed by a man with 1 years experience at a league 1 club (no dissrepect to MK Dons, but I don't think that's crudentials for a prem chasing Championship side)

I fancy Preston to do well after keeping their gaffer

Swansea will need to consolidate this season, they have lost key individuals

Cardiff will probably lose ledley, plus, i can't see how much more money they will get, with the stadium and I thought shedload of debt anyway, i would of thought this is a season of consolidation

If I've missed any other team, it's probably because I don't see them as a top 10 side

This is IMO the best chance we've had since promotion to have a confident shout of a play off place

Think Leicester will reach the playoffs and Posh will fall just short, despite playing some of the best football (like Swansea last season).

Newcastle will be near the bottom for the first half of the season before pulling clear. Boro and WBA will be around the fringes of the playoffs.

Disagree that the league is stronger. Last season you could have picked Brum, Wolves, Reading and Sheff Utd all to heavily feature, this year I don't think there are as many clear contenders.

Derby and Sheffield United will have good seasons, Newcastle are STILL in a mess so I see nothing to suggest they'll feature let alone challenge, never rated Southgate and West Brom have a new manager.

Something like 6 of last seasons top 10 clubs have new managers - not including those promoted.

Ourselves and P'boro (the dark horse) will feature.

I'm going to put my optimistic c0ck on the block here and say we'll finish second. Cue hoots of derision.

1. Ipswich Town

2. Bristol City

--------------------------

3. Derby County

4. Sheffield United

5. Nottingham Forest

6. West Brom

7. Newcastle United

12. Middlesborough

22. Doncaster Rovers

23. Barnsley

24. S****horpe

As much as i have no time for Keane i think he will produce a very good side next season, so they will win the league. We'll finish second based on the squad we are assembling. We didn't have the strenghth in depth last season to change things when they weren't going well and we struggled. I think that sitiuation is being addressed and we are very much the dark horses. I believe the bookies still have us down to finish around 15th which proves that theory. Newcastle will have too much pressure on them to produce the goods next year and Middlesborough are a sinking ship. The bottom three stand out as the weakest in the division for me as they just don't have the quality to survive. I may be wrong.

Nottingham Forest could be a new enemy for us...they're buinding a very good team

We've just announced the signing of Chris Gunter on a 4 year deal from Spurs. Talk of Blackstock and McKenna signing over the weekend so if we can get Matt Mills next week, this will go down as the best transfer window in Forest's history.

After years of misery, finally it feels good being a Forest fan again. :innocent06:

I'm going to put my optimistic c0ck on the block here and say we'll finish second. Cue hoots of derision.

1. Ipswich Town

2. Bristol City

3. Derby County

4. Sheffield United

5. Nottingham Forest

6. West Brom

7. Newcastle United

12. Middlesborough

22. Doncaster Rovers

23. Barnsley

24. S****horpe

As much as i have no time for Keane i think he will produce a very good side next season, so they will win the league. We'll finish second based on the squad we are assembling. We didn't have the strenghth in depth last season to change things when they weren't going well and we struggled. I think that sitiuation is being addressed and we are very much the dark horses. I believe the bookies still have us down to finish around 15th which proves that theory. Newcastle will have too much pressure on them to produce the goods next year and Middlesborough are a sinking ship. The bottom three stand out as the weakest in the division for me as they just don't have the quality to survive. I may be wrong.

This would be amazing, my girlfriend supports Ipswich so happy house all round :D

This would be amazing, my girlfriend supports Ipswich so happy house all round :D

I couldn't think of anything worse! Maybe i'm too competitive, but if my girlfriend supported Ipswich and we were in a promotion battle with her team the tension in the house would be unbearable! Imagine losing out to your birds team?!

The Championship is way to unpredictable. Boro and Newcastle should walk it you would think, but get the feeling they will struggle to gain momentum. Newcastle I have down to actually implode.

Peterborough have momentum, might do well. West Brom are no mugs, they know all about performing well in this league.

Winners/Auto potentials.

Reading, Boro, West Brom.

Top 6 pray-offs.

Bristol City

Florest

Bardiff

Derby

Sheff Utd

Preston

Relly.

Ipswich

Roflcaslte