IGNORED

On For Another Magnificent Seven...

Lack of Action Man

I for one am very pleased with the transfer activity this season and whilst I've had my moan that we could and should have taken Eremenko on board I'm hoping Hartley will shape up to be as good or even better anyway. Anyways I was just wondering if everyone else thought that we have the necessary additions for this moment in time or do we risk getting a seventh new signing and hope that history doesn't repeat itself!

I for one am very pleased with the transfer activity this season and whilst I've had my moan that we could and should have taken Eremenko on board I'm hoping Hartley will shape up to be as good or even better anyway. Anyways I was just wondering if everyone else thought that we have the necessary additions for this moment in time or do we risk getting a seventh new signing and hope that history doesn't repeat itself!

I think someone said before that we got 7 in either the season we went up or the one where we lost the play-off final. Doesn't mean we won't do well.

we need a target man. I'm convinced GJ's plan A will be 433. if that doesnt work we need a plan B. i know its not always the way the game should be played but I'm not sure our players are clever enough or techincally gifted enough to play 46 games of 433, although its an option and worked well for us around xmas last year.

the other worry is that with two quality must picks in CM in hartley and elliott a reversion to 442 may see some absurd team selections in order to accomodate LJ. not that i think he's not useful to the cause but with everyone fit he is blatantly not in the same class as ME or PH but i fear GJ may still try and work him into the 11.

I think someone said before that we got 7 in either the season we went up or the one where we lost the play-off final. Doesn't mean we won't do well.

No, but it's worth remembering that the promotion side took quite a while to bed in. We were in or around the bottom 4 when Bradley Orr got sent off at Northampton and we'd already lost at home to Blackpool. Johnson took some time to work out his best team, and that it didn't feature a midfield of Noble and Johnson.

I can see this season's team taking a while to work itself out too.

No, but it's worth remembering that the promotion side took quite a while to bed in. We were in or around the bottom 4 when Bradley Orr got sent off at Northampton and we'd already lost at home to Blackpool. Johnson took some time to work out his best team, and that it didn't feature a midfield of Noble and Johnson.

I can see this season's team taking a while to work itself out too.

very true Dan. i can see us starting a little slowly but not disastorously before picking up after half a dozen games or so once he works out his best side. friendlies are all very welll but its the heat of battle where he will find out the qualities of new signings for himself. the problem is if he goes with 433 to begin with lets hope wev'e got the personnel on our books to change it i.e. target man and left winger/midfielder.

the promotion side had a shocking start with defeats all over the place. but when we picked up we soon gathered momentum. i remeber the bournemouth away game in late september where we ground out a 1-nil win in a game any city side of the previous 7 or 8 years would of lost for fun. i knew then we were onto something special.

Archived