IGNORED

Parking At Cheltenham

does anyone know where the best place to park at cheltenham is?,as i went on the coach last time we played there.

The two times i've been previously i've parked in the social club next door to the ground. I think we paid a fiver for the privilege but we were in the car straight away and we didn't face too much traffic getting out either. You can get a cheap pint in the social club as well.

does anyone know where the best place to park at cheltenham is?,as i went on the coach last time we played there.

Get the train. £7.40 return from Temple Meads isn't too bad and although the station's a bit of a hike from the ground, there are some decent pubs on the way for a few beers. That's what I'm doing!

I've never had a problem, even with the league games, of parking around the streets. It's not as if there will be more than 2-3k there tomorow.

I've never had a problem, even with the league games, of parking around the streets. It's not as if there will be more than 2-3k there tomorow.

Correct, loads parking in the maze of streets around ground and quite a few boozers to :drunk2:

Get the train. £7.40 return from Temple Meads isn't too bad and although the station's a bit of a hike from the ground, there are some decent pubs on the way for a few beers. That's what I'm doing!

I'm also going by train. Does anyone know how long the walk generally takes from the ground to the station?

Is there a decent pub near the station, getting the 11.30 train from Temple Meads. Is anyone planning on meeting up in a certain pub.

Cheers

There are a couple of pubs near station and loads on the way; depending which way you go and there are many ways to go/walk there are many also on route. Have a look at street map.co.

You could go down Queens rd then down prom,several alright boozers at top end (montpeiller) then walk down prom into town where there are loads more.

You could go St.Georges rd and into town; you could go lower high st and into town; you could cut through back streets and into town. You could get taxi in to town for a few quid or to the ground where there are several pubs close by.;

Depends on time restraints; as said before forget 10mins it will take an absolute minimum 20mins to half hour to walk to ground. no stops :farmer:

If going by train allow 30 mins walk to ground. Last time we went by train we went to pub called the Rotunda which is at the top of Montpellier approx 10 mins walk from the station. Next door is a JJ O'Neils and also the beer gardens are opposite a couple of hundred yards down the road towards centre next to town hall which attracts an awful lot of talent in the summer, should be open if weather is ok.

If you walk into the centre there is a witherspoons, 5 minute walk from the rotunda.

If driving you should be able to park on Prestbury Road which is the main road before you turn right into Whaddon Road, plenty of road side parking will not be a big crowd manage to park here before during cup game.

Up the City

I'm also going by train. Does anyone know how long the walk generally takes from the ground to the station?

Went to University in Cheltenham so know it reasonably well.

It's probably comparable to walking from Temple Meads to Ashton Gate, 30-45 minutes I reckon.

Definetly a taxi job, or buses are regular and get you straight into the centre, the promenade, it's a nice walk from there, head for pittville lawn, you should be able to park somewhere on pittville lawn too,

there's the sudeley arms which is pretty good but cat n fiddle's probably better if meeting city fans, also as someone else said the social club in the ground is good enough, windows looking out onto the pitch

c'mon the city

Archived