IGNORED

Interest In Orr

City Ben

Morning all

Worth mentioning that I met a chap yesterday who works for the agents who represent our Bradley. He doesn't look after him personally, but said that there has been quite a lot of interest in him this summer. The one team he mentioned in particular was Portsmouth. Bit surprised by this to be frank, but I suppose that they have no players and no money... they are seriously in the pap as far as I know.

He also said that his team was working with the club on finding sponsors for naming rights for the new stadium. Good to know that this is in train already.

Vaguely interesting so thought I'd share!

Ben

Morning all

Worth mentioning that I met a chap yesterday who works for the agents who represent our Bradley. He doesn't look after him personally, but said that there has been quite a lot of interest in him this summer. The one team he mentioned in particular was Portsmouth. Bit surprised by this to be frank, but I suppose that they have no players and no money... they are seriously in the pap as far as I know.

He also said that his team was working with the club on finding sponsors for naming rights for the new stadium. Good to know that this is in train already.

Vaguely interesting so thought I'd share!

Ben

well done for passing on the info. I wouldnt be too surprised to see Portsmouth linked, and if they offer around the 700k mark, I would take it, especially given the way Ribeiro played against ajax.

well done for passing on the info. I wouldnt be too surprised to see Portsmouth linked, and if they offer around the 700k mark, I would take it, especially given the way Ribeiro played against ajax.

How grim to be a Pompy fan, get £16m for an England international then replace him with a average Championship player. Personally I think Ribs is going to be awsome and Orr is likely to lose his place to him by christmas if he stays.

How grim to be a Pompy fan, get £16m for an England international then replace him with a average Championship player. Personally I think Ribs is going to be awsome and Orr is likely to lose his place to him by christmas if he stays.

I personally think that Orr is a great player but I can see the fantastic potential of Ribiero. It's healthy for the club to see players of this calibre fighting for first team status.

I personally think that Orr is a great player but I can see the fantastic potential of Ribiero. It's healthy for the club to see players of this calibre fighting for first team status.

I agree, I think its important to have people fighting for there places. Thats why its good that we've made a fair few signings this season, people will be fighting for their place. If they don't do the job this year, they'll have people to replace them which wasn't the case last year for some players, including Orr. I personally believe Mccindoe was at his best when he was dropped for a few games after Christmas and he came back and played very well scoring against Plymouth and Barnsley consecutively.

I agree that his distribution and passing is inconsistent but I would go as far to say that defensively there aren't many better Right Backs than Orr in the Championship. Too many people forget that part of a full back's job is to play with and cover the centre half on his side (normally Carey) and Orr does that fantastically. To call him "average" is harsh in my view. Ribiero looks as though he has the makings of a good player but his mistake against Ajax when he was caught way out of position has been overlooked by everyone on here - yes he is young and I make allowances for that - the point I am making is that he is nowhere near the finished article who can just slot in and replace Orr as though nothing has happened. It will take the lad time to find his feet.

I agree that his distribution and passing is inconsistent but I would go as far to say that defensively there aren't many better Right Backs than Orr in the Championship. Too many people forget that part of a full back's job is to play with and cover the centre half on his side (normally Carey) and Orr does that fantastically. To call him "average" is harsh in my view. Ribiero looks as though he has the makings of a good player but his mistake against Ajax when he was caught way out of position has been overlooked by everyone on here - yes he is young and I make allowances for that - the point I am making is that he is nowhere near the finished article who can just slot in and replace Orr as though nothing has happened. It will take the lad time to find his feet.

Very well put, and highly rated by his fellow pros too, but hey, what do they know? In a world where Roger Johnson goes for £5m and two Sheff U full backs for an alleged £11m (how many more full backs can Spurs sign?. They're catching up with Rafa!) Orr is seriously undervalued in all senses by our fans. :disapointed2se:

Not sure Riberio's best position is full back, played more as a centre half i think, long term replacement for Louis?

Bradders is one of the best full back in the Championship, you know you're going to get a bit of a beating if you a left winger playing vs City. He's just a nightmare to deal with. He's got good pace, strong, aggressive, very good tackler, bags of passion and aint a bad passer. Sure if his crossing was any better and he could dribble like a Brazilian he would be in the Prem already.

Massive player for this club, and while i rate Riberio bigtime its too soon to gift him a starting slot, the competition will be very beneficial to all concern.

My concern will be end of season when we are fighting off Liverpool, Manchester Utd and Chelsea for his signature. (Riberio that is, not Bradders, sorry Bradders)

I havent had the opportunity to see Ribiero play yet, it is very encouraging to read these comments about him though!!

I hope he does provide stiff competition for Brads as this can only benefit the club in the long run.

(ps, Ribs is far better at cente half, on Champ Man anyway!!!!) :winner_third_h4h:

Orr is defensively one of best in division. Going forward his crossing is a bit wayward but his short range passing is ok. It would probably help him to have a footballer in front of him rather than a sprinter (oooh b*tchy ha ha).

Fortunately ribs also looks like an excellent prospect and has already shown flashes of quality. Hopefully by end of the season if he stays fit he will give bradley some serious competition and also be good enough to take the job if bradley does leave.

Bit daft those who are claiming he is better then Bradley already (based on what?), but I'm happy to say its one position where things look real good for us right now.

How people can say a young player who has not played at championship level is better than one of the best if not the best right backs in the championship, is just ridiculous!

Couldn't have put it better, madness...

Portsmouth deal has just gone through and Hart been secured as permanent manager on 2 year deal.

I imagine if the interest in Orr is to be believed they will now make moves quickly as they are playing catchup on other clubs.

After Glenn Johnson has gone, it appears that Cranie is the only recognised right back on the books there although he is still quite inexperienced (although highly rated u-21). Theyve got a kiddie called marc wilson who can perhaps play at right back im not sure, kaboul could cover but you wouldnt want him there.

Watch this space i reckon?

You never know they may renew suposed interest in marv aswell

How people can say a young player who has not played at championship level is better than one of the best if not the best right backs in the championship, is just ridiculous!

Watch an learn I say......... :disapointed2se:

He is a much better player.............without his injury last season he would already be no;1 choice..

If he isnt our Right Back by Xmas it will be ebcause of another injury.... :closedeyes:

I agree 100% with this. Ribs is an excellent prospect, Brad is an excellent full back as it stands.

Brad is an Ok full back, poor distribution and not quick,

Ribiero is an excellent player, quick and can play..........

The good news seems is that people on here do not realise just how good Ribiero actually is.

Quality...........is the only word I can use........... :innocent06:

Brad is an Ok full back, poor distribution and not quick,

Ribiero is an excellent player, quick and can play..........

The good news seems is that people on here do not realise just how good Ribiero actually is.

Quality...........is the only word I can use........... :innocent06:

How do you know that ribs will be able to cope with championship football??

Bradley Orr is one of the best full backs in this division, his distribution can be poor on occasion, but he his reasonably quick...

but defensively he is a beast and his contribution should not be underestimated.....

How do you know that ribs will be able to cope with championship football??

Bradley Orr is one of the best full backs in this division, his distribution can be poor on occasion, but he his reasonably quick...

but defensively he is a beast and his contribution should not be underestimated.....

He doesn't know, it's a judgement. It will probably prove to be correct.

You can't base everything on stats and history, if it was possible to do that scouting would be running a search in Football Manager.

The interesting bit is what observations you can make watching a player.

On the basis of watching Ribeiro only briefly a few times I'd say that he already has more ability going forward, is quicker and just needs experience.

He doesn't know, it's a judgement. It will probably prove to be correct.

You can't base everything on stats and history, if it was possible to do that scouting would be running a search in Football Manager.

The interesting bit is what observations you can make watching a player.

On the basis of watching Ribeiro only briefly a few times I'd say that he already has more ability going forward, is quicker and just needs experience.

I'm not saying he will not displace Orr at some point, but to have him in an "best eleven" now is ridiculous.

I'm sure he'll get his chance this season and will hopefully take it, but at this moment in time, Bradley Orr is our right back and deservedly so.

Orr did have a very indifferent season,but Orr at his best is a very capable right back.Obviously he had a lot of distractions last season(twins,i think and the contract saga),as well as the team not performing to there capabilties.Ive seen him twice in pre season and he is starting to look like his old self IMO.In Ribeiro we have a promising prospect,hopefully the competition between the two can push them both to improve.

I'm not saying he will not displace Orr at some point, but to have him in an "best eleven" now is ridiculous.

I'm sure he'll get his chance this season and will hopefully take it, but at this moment in time, Bradley Orr is our right back and deservedly so.

If you're confident from watching the two that Ribeiro is a better player it is far from ridiculous. It's got nothing to do with deserving the shirt it's about who is a better player.

If you're confident from watching the two that Ribeiro is a better player it is far from ridiculous. It's got nothing to do with deserving the shirt it's about who is a better player.

Yes, and he needs to prove he's better....

I think Orr is a decent Championship player, but thats about it.

If you compare Bradley with the likes of Glen Johnson, who I thought tore us to shreds last season, you can see a massive gulf in class.

Im not knocking Orr or anything, just pointing out the differences between decent and top class. :dunno:

What about Brian Wilson ? he must be higher up the pecking order than "ribs" .....

Ribs needs to go on loan for a few months to Yeovil or Cheltenham etc to get his experience and then he could compete by christmas.

I like Wilson but he's at his best on the right of midfield in my opinion despite him saying his preferred position is right back.

Ribeiro was thought to be just about ready this time last season and, providing he has recovered full fitness, I'd expect him to be challenging Orr hard for his place from the off.

Archived