IGNORED

Young Players Emerging

lou-peters-dive

With all the talk of academy players emerging to first team opportunity do

you think that Ribiero, Artus, Akinde, Kington, Plummer, Walker & Wilson would

benefit from going to lower league clubs or stay within the first team set up.

My thoughts are that these seven are ready to compete with what we have

already and need to be involved. If they did go on loan then I think they should

have a clause in the agreement to bring them back A.S.A.P. Brentford and Cheltenham

have benefited enough in my opinion and it's time to blood them into first team ethic.

If they are not good enough now are they ever going to be? Ritchie and Cheesley

were of this age when Alan Dicks gave them there chance and look what happened to them.

Your thoughts?

Ribeiro, J Wilson, Akinde and possibly Artus could get near the first team and whilst they can they should stay here. If there's too many in the queue in front they'd benefit more from being on loan. Plummer, Kington and Walker are further away I think and maybe a loan would be more use than reserve team football.

Would rather have seen an enthusiastic Akinde than a frustrated John but if I knew owt I'd be the manager so..!! :innocent06::surrender:

I think the way it was done was correct. We got a really good look at Stern John, long enough for Johnson to be 100% sure. And also Akinde got to play for a decent time at a level more suited to him at the moment. That spell's going to give him confidence because he was apparently a real handful and finised chances well, every Wycombe fan seems to love him and think he is quality. JMore importantly, they think he has the potential to go on a be a Championship quality player. Something that a lot of people believe.

It will be very interesting to see how he comes on this season. People call for Adebola's replacement but we may already have it.

I've posted before that I think Akinde has all the potential to be a Heskey type player and go on to play for England.

I'm gonna email bet365 and find out what the odds are.

:englandsmile4wf: I'll give you 1000-1 if you only put a £1 on! :englandsmile4wf:

On a more serious note, why has Frankie been dropped from the Dorchester tours, is it because he showed dissappointment after being subbed last Wednesday?

already and need to be involved. If they did go on loan then I think they should

have a clause in the agreement to bring them back A.S.A.P. Brentford and Cheltenham

have benefited enough in my opinion and it's time to blood them into first team ethic.

were of this age when Alan Dicks gave them there chance and look what happened to them.

Your thoughts?

1. Tom Ritchie was a lot better than any young player we have now, as were a number of others from that era. We're slowly getting back to that level and the longer we stay in the CCC the better it will get;

2. We bought Cheesley from Norwich, he wasn't a player who rose through the ranks.

Ribeiro and Wilson will be genuine challengers, Plummer is getting stronger but is not ready yet. Artus said at the end of last season he wanted to go on another loan to continue his development.

Guest ashtonyate

I think any young player not in Johnson first team plans should be sent out to lower league clubs better than playing in our crappy reserve league.

i thnk we are building a useful squad and the young players will get more opportunity with 7 subs now available. None looked out of place in the Ajax game and I was encouraged by the performances of the new signings, particularly Haynes and Hartley who seems likely to bring some steel to midfield. Certainly an abrasive character. Difficult to judge Clarkson on the Ajax games as he seemed to play anywhere but up front....................

in the youngsters mentioned we are building well for the future and that bright future may come sooner than we expect.

Your thoughts?

Ribiero looks like he may become our regular right back soon. Akinde will give us something different espeically because we will have a 7 man bench. Plummer has been getting us goals in pre-season and in our academy so its time for his proper chance. Artus, Kington, Walker and Wilson should have regular games to improve so i would send them out untill christmas at least and see how they go.

I think the way it was done was correct. We got a really good look at Stern John, long enough for Johnson to be 100% sure. And also Akinde got to play for a decent time at a level more suited to him at the moment. That spell's going to give him confidence because he was apparently a real handful and finised chances well, every Wycombe fan seems to love him and think he is quality. JMore importantly, they think he has the potential to go on a be a Championship quality player. Something that a lot of people believe.

It will be very interesting to see how he comes on this season. People call for Adebola's replacement but we may already have it.

I've believed it pretty much from the first appearance he made for us. Though, it would be ideal to have more experience up front.

Hopefully Trundle can leave as personally he doesn't offer us anything. He probably would in League 1. Then once he's off the wage bill get in another big guy up front.

1. Tom Ritchie was a lot better than any young player we have now, as were a number of others from that era. We're slowly getting back to that level and the longer we stay in the CCC the better it will get;

2. We bought Cheesley from Norwich, he wasn't a player who rose through the ranks.

Ribeiro and Wilson will be genuine challengers, Plummer is getting stronger but is not ready yet. Artus said at the end of last season he wanted to go on another loan to continue his development.

Ok. Tom Ritchie did'nt rise through the ranks either. He came from somwhere

like Morton I think.( bound to get someone to tell me otherwise) So forget the word

academy, think young players emerging. i.e Akinde

As for Cheesley he got hell of a lot of flak from the crowd when he first got into

A Dicks 1st team, but he learned his trade alot quicker because he was thrown in

at the deep end. Ritchie - Cheesley combo got us to the top flight from the same

level we are at now and they both were unknowns to start with. What we have'nt

had for a long long time is this sort of twin strike force to challenge for the top flight.

Young players coming through now could be just what we need.

Ok. Tom Ritchie did'nt rise through the ranks either. He came from somwhere

like Morton I think.( bound to get someone to tell me otherwise) So forget the word

academy, think young players emerging. i.e Akinde

As for Cheesley he got hell of a lot of flak from the crowd when he first got into

A Dicks 1st team, but he learned his trade alot quicker because he was thrown in

at the deep end. Ritchie - Cheesley combo got us to the top flight from the same

level we are at now and they both were unknowns to start with. What we have'nt

had for a long long time is this sort of twin strike force to challenge for the top flight.

Young players coming through now could be just what we need.

Tom (and Steve) Ritchie came through the ranks, along with Gerry Gow of course. We picked up some good youngsters from Scotland then. Donnie Gillies and Gerry Sweeney came from Morton I think. You're right about the strike force though, but they are much rarer than they used to be. :disapointed2se:

Archived