IGNORED

Lua Lua

Simez

I was reading on text that Lua Lua says he might have to leave Newcastle in a bid to get some first team football, maybe on a loan. Now I know that we need some creativity in midfield but I would love to see Lua Lua in a City shirt, I was at A.G a couple of seaons ago when he played for Colchester and seemed to single handedly take us apart, got a standing ovation from the City crowd that night. Not so sure whether he would want to drop back down to the second, I would imagine that there would be plenty of first division clubs willin to give him a start.

I would have thought that several other Premiership clubs would get him before a 1st Divsion team did.

Personally would expect to see him at Man City real soon; sort of player who is right up Keegan's alley :clap:

a good player but i'm sure we could never reach his pay demands?

lets be realistic what half decent player would come to city?

we are hardly good payers are we!!  :clap:

I think we are pretty good payers actually especially for the second division.

The problem we do have with attracting loan players is that we are too far away from the major conurbations so players can't come and play and live at home very easily. Another is contacts, I'm not convinced the Danny has the contacts within the game that some others have.

With permanent signings then the upheaval of having to move can often be a drawback for many players plus the added cost of houses in Bristol compared to say the Midlands or the North. I live in a decent and prosperous part of Cheshire but would almost certainly struggle to move back to Bristol. Therefore it may be that we would have to pay slightly higher wages than a club in the north.

the house prices you mention is a good point, but if you are payed the money

you can afford the house..

but what i mean is compared

to the prem or div.1 we can't compete it showed with scott murray going to reading

where if we could have matched what reading would and are paying him he would have stayed with city, but we couldn't match it, with a player asked if the question

like if your faced with a choise of going to bristol city or to reading most players

would pick reading as at this time 1.reading pay well and 2.they have a realistic

chance of getting a better standard of football and ambition..

city don't offer this it is middle of the road payers,

bristol city only seem to get stepping stone players that come and go giving them a leg up the ladder or a player down on their luck or at the end of their playing days, the leg up player were goater, cole, allison, murray, b.taylor, (the list is endless) they did not stay with city because other clubs offered them better elsewhere than what bristol city ever could sad but true, that is why we will always

be a 2nd division side just ticking over unless someone pumps a massive amount

of money in to the club the current board do pump money in granted but i mean

we need a big sugar daddy the likes of wigan & reading have or we are not going to progress, now to think the progression reading have made since i seen them v bristol city in the old 4th division from that tatty old ground they had to what they have today is just sad when i think they are nowhere near the size of bristol, the sad fact money talks.

Should he depart St.James's I don't think he will be short on options and for sure his focus will not be the 2nd division.

Regarding salaries and quite where we sit in the scales is sadly a topic which is it seems best kept as quiet as possible.Tony Thorpe became a victim of salary speculation which brought additional and unnecessary pressures and criticisms from fans.

I think if Newcastle wants him to get a little game action on a decent league side (thinking we are a decent league side) and is willing to pay most/all of his wages he might come here... but as our staff seems to lack any in with Newcastle(except maybe Tinman?) it seems far fetched. That being said it is probably worth the price of a phone call.

Guest Red_Rat

If we got LuaLua he would be a great asset,but even his unpredicatability could cost us in div.2 a right winger methinks.I doubt he'd join,div.1 clubs would probably want him before us anyway

:how funny: :clap: Wow, purple snow!!

He would be a great signing if he came, he would defo sort out the midfield and offer alot of creativety. He certainly scored a few aswel, in his colchester time, if i remember rightly. But have to agree with a few of the other posts, if he does go, hes more likely to go to a div 1 team.

Archived