IGNORED

Clarkson Or Maynard

Whites

These two are gonna figure heavily in the upcoming season.

Who do YOU think is gonna score the most goals or have the biggest impact???

Also if you care to comment, for a little "project" i am doing, who do you think will be the top scorers in the Four English League's (Prem, CCC, L1 and L2)????

Cheers,

Whites.

These two are gonna figure heavily in the upcoming season.

Who do YOU think is gonna score the most goals or have the biggest impact???

Also if you care to comment, for a little "project" i am doing, who do you think will be the top scorers in the Four English League's (Prem, CCC, L1 and L2)????

Cheers,

Whites.

Prem: Fernando Torres

CCC: Simon Cox

L1: Jermaine Beckford

L2: Elvis Hammond

Its hard to say as ive only seen Clarkson twice,but to me he looks more like a link type forward(shows for the ball,has a decent touch,lays it off).So out of the two,i would go with Maynard to score more goals.But if Haynes plays up front,I dont think there would be much in it,as he really looks sharp and has impressed me.Hopefully they will all get into the twenty's!!!

If Nicky M can put away more of the chances he gets then I'd go for him. However, I think Clarky is going to be the sort of player who grabs half chances, rebounds, gets on the end of passes in the box so I think he will score more.

....and there is your issue with Maynard, he doesn't take his chances, or at least he didn't last season. Its clear GJ likes him in his front line, but now with Haynes and Clarkson on board, together with Plummer knocking at the door, he may just be put in a position where to keep his place in the team he will need to bang these chances in!

....and there is your issue with Maynard, he doesn't take his chances, or at least he didn't last season

Firstly 11 goals in his first season, at the age of 22, would suggest your wrong.

Secondly, I dont think it should be Clarkson or Maynard, it should be Clarkson and Maynard. It may have been only a friendly, but Clarkson & Maynard linked up amzingly well.

If we go into the season with these two as our front two, I shall by happy.

Firstly 11 goals in his first season, at the age of 22, would suggest your wrong.

Secondly, I dont think it should be Clarkson or Maynard, it should be Clarkson and Maynard. It may have been only a friendly, but Clarkson & Maynard linked up amzingly well.

Age is completely irrelevant. A return of 11 goals is a great return if they come from say 15/20 gilt edged chances. However over the course of the season I would estimate that Maynard had over three times that many, so actually his conversion rate is pretty poor.

I would love for you to be right, but I cant help but feel a little nervous going to places like Preston or Sheffield United without some physical prowess up front. Blackstock would have been my choice, but he has gone to forest. For the whole season, we need someone in Adebola mold as one of the clubs in the bag.

....and there is your issue with Maynard, he doesn't take his chances, or at least he didn't last season. Its clear GJ likes him in his front line, but now with Haynes and Clarkson on board, together with Plummer knocking at the door, he may just be put in a position where to keep his place in the team he will need to bang these chances in!

Maynard did miss a lot of chances last season, no doubt about it - but in my eyes, at least he was in the right place. You can't teach that, hopefully you can teach composure!

Top scorers:

Prem - Torres

CCC - Clarkson (why not!)

L1 - Beckford

L2 - Bishop

Maynard did miss a lot of chances last season, no doubt about it - but in my eyes, at least he was in the right place. You can't teach that, hopefully you can teach composure!

Top scorers:

Prem - Torres

CCC - Clarkson (why not!)

L1 - Beckford

L2 - Bishop

Yep, I think your right, hopefully this season he will learn from last season and smash 20+ goals in for us! Good competition for places should also focus the mind!

Age is completely irrelevant. A return of 11 goals is a great return if they come from say 15/20 gilt edged chances. However over the course of the season I would estimate that Maynard had over three times that many, so actually his conversion rate is pretty poor.

Its not irrelevant at all, Maynard will get better with age, and I'm sure he'll get 15 or more this season, if he stays injury free

I would love for you to be right, but I cant help but feel a little nervous going to places like Preston or Sheffield United without some physical prowess up front. Blackstock would have been my choice, but he has gone to forest. For the whole season, we need someone in Adebola mold as one of the clubs in the bag.

I do agree with you, but Clarkson seems the brooker type player, which I would prefer, because it could get very predictable and easy fo defences when we had adebola imo.

Its not irrelevant at all, Maynard will get better with age, and I'm sure he'll get 15 or more this season, if he stays injury free

I do agree with you, but Clarkson seems the brooker type player, which I would prefer, because it could get very predictable and easy fo defences when we had adebola imo.

Sorry, but I don't think you can simply equate a greater age to more goals scored, doesn't work like that. If that was the case you would have 30+ year old strikers scoring 40 odd a season....to be really silly! :innocent06:

I hope he will score more this season, but I still fully believe that his goal return, compared with the chances he had was not as good as I would of expected from a player we paid £2.25m...that said, I am sure he will learn from his experiences last season.....although please keep him off Pens, as that doesn't seemed to have changed.

Sorry, but I don't think you can simply equate a greater age to more goals scored, doesn't work like that. If that was the case you would have 30+ year old strikers scoring 40 odd a season....to be really silly! :innocent06:

I hope he will score more this season, but I still fully believe that his goal return, compared with the chances he had was not as good as I would of expected from a player we paid £2.25m...that said, I am sure he will learn from his experiences last season.....although please keep him off Pens, as that doesn't seemed to have changed.

We paid 2.25 for his potential, not for the finished article.

11 goals is a good return, when you consider he found it hard to adjust for the first 3 months..

We paid 2.25 for his potential, not for the finished article.

11 goals is a good return, when you consider he found it hard to adjust for the first 3 months..

Have to agree with Riaz here :noexpression: Was pleased with NM's first season at this level.

I think Clarkson will have a bigger impact this season though, I get the feeling he is gonna bit of a fox in the box and is gonna score a wide range of goals, Tap-ins, headers, one on ones etc.

But as we all know, our strikers, whoever they are, will struggle without the service they deserve.

As for the other leagues, I would go

Torres.

Chopra :noexpression: .

Beckford.

Holt.

Cheers,

Whites.

Archived