IGNORED

Artus

Smokey

Is he injured at the moment? Why hasn't he been in either the Weymouth or Dorchester squads?

If not injured - not a great sign.

real quality player ! not injured i don't think ,missing because just rotating squad. all i hear is Johnson feels Artus is part of his mid to long term plans., that's why he is still in the squad two years after his last sub appearance(IMO)?

I think he will shock us this season and become a important team player !

Given a run in the first team, this lad would be dynamite, got everything, great touch, awareness, good eye for goal, great fitness levels, loves a tackle.....and most of all BCFC through and through.....needs to be given a chance though and it worries me that it might not arrive with GJ at the helm any time soon.

Bizarrely, he goes on loan, just a GJ wanted, is Cheltenhams best player by a distance whilst there, scores two cracking goals, so essentially could have done anymore, yet still doesn't seem to be an integral part of GJ midfield plans.

Yes, and was our best player IMO!

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. He seems to have stepped up a bit and could make an impact. Still needs to bulk up IMO to be strong enough to take the CCC level.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. He seems to have stepped up a bit and could make an impact. Still needs to bulk up IMO to be strong enough to take the CCC level.

I agree about his frame, however he does put himself about.

On sizes, here's some goodies from the main site player profiles,

Fontaine 5ft 11ins, 11st 9lbs.

Elliot 6 ft, 12st 2lbs

Artus 6ft 12st 11lbs

Akinde 6ft 2ins, 10st 1lb.

Those figures need to be adjusted imo, especially Akinde who is shown as half a stone lighter than LJ. Artus is shown as 9lbs heavier than Marv ? I'me sure the players get weighed, especially pre season, so perhaps an update will happen before the season starts.

As an aside. In the military I boxed heavywight when 22 at 15st and 6ft. I looked positively anorexic, just very heavy boned. There's 6ft and then there's 6ft.

Archived