IGNORED

New Keeper Possibility List

Betelgeuse

I was just having a look around the net to see what sort of keepers are out there that might be a possibility. Here's 2 lists, first one is up and coming keepers, 21 - 24 years old, probably short term or season long loan types. The secong list is over 25's who we should be able to attract down here.

1st list

Vito Mannone - 21 - Arsenal's Italian youngster

Colin Doyle - 24 - Birminghams Irish keeper who has played a fair amount of first team games and has 1 cap for Ireland.

Mark Bunn - 24 - Blackburn's backup keeper, previously with Northampton.

John Ruddy - 22 - Everton. Played once on loan for City in 2007, also played for 7 other clubs on loan.

David Stockdale - 23 - Behind Schwarzer and Zuberbuhler at Fulham. Highly rated whilst at Darlington as a youngster. On loan at Leicester last season.

Tom Heaton - 23 - One of Man Utds keepers, on loan at Cardiff last season.

Asmir Begovic - 22 - Portsmouth. Played a few games for Pompey at the end of last season. Also had a few loan spells at Yeovil and Bournemouth. Canadian/Bosnian.

Ben Alnwick - 22 - Spurs. Behind Gomes and Cudicini. Played a few cup games for Spurs.

Kasper Schmeichel - 22 - Man City. Has championship experience with Cardiff and Coventry.

2nd list

Jason Brown - 27 - Blackburn. He's been the back up keeper since signing from Gilligham in 2006. Played for Wales.

Ali Al Habsi - 27 - Bolton. Has been back up to Jaaskelainen at Bolton for a number of years. Played over 60 games for his country (Oman).

Iain Turner - 25 - Everton. Former Scotland under 21 keeper. Played a few times for Everton and has championship experience on loan at Palace, Wednesday and Forest.

Jamie Ashdown - 28 - Portsmouth. Former Reading youngster, had trials at Arsenal (sound familiar!). Has been at Portsmouth for 5 years, mainly back up to David James. FA cup winner!

Steve Simonsen - 30 - Stoke. Lost his place at Stoke since Sorensen signed. Has played well over 200 games for Stoke, Everton and Tranmere.

Marton Fulop - 26 - Sunderland.Maybe a bit ambitious but will be behind Gordan when he is fit again. Used to play for Spurs, loan spells at Coventry and Leicester.

Richard Kingson - 31 - Wigan. Had 10 years playing in the Turkish league. Been reserve at Wigan and Birmingham in the Premier League. Almost 60 caps for Ghana.

So there we go! No sources or anything, just a list of maybe's!

I was just having a look around the net to see what sort of keepers are out there that might be a possibility. Here's 2 lists, first one is up and coming keepers, 21 - 24 years old, probably short term or season long loan types. The secong list is over 25's who we should be able to attract down here.

1st list

Vito Mannone - 21 - Arsenal's Italian youngster

Colin Doyle - 24 - Birminghams Irish keeper who has played a fair amount of first team games and has 1 cap for Ireland.

Mark Bunn - 24 - Blackburn's backup keeper, previously with Northampton.

John Ruddy - 22 - Everton. Played once on loan for City in 2007, also played for 7 other clubs on loan.

David Stockdale - 23 - Behind Schwarzer and Zuberbuhler at Fulham. Highly rated whilst at Darlington as a youngster. On loan at Leicester last season.

Tom Heaton - 23 - One of Man Utds keepers, on loan at Cardiff last season.

Asmir Begovic - 22 - Portsmouth. Played a few games for Pompey at the end of last season. Also had a few loan spells at Yeovil and Bournemouth. Canadian/Bosnian.

Ben Alnwick - 22 - Spurs. Behind Gomes and Cudicini. Played a few cup games for Spurs.

Kasper Schmeichel - 22 - Man City. Has championship experience with Cardiff and Coventry.

2nd list

Jason Brown - 27 - Blackburn. He's been the back up keeper since signing from Gilligham in 2006. Played for Wales.

Ali Al Habsi - 27 - Bolton. Has been back up to Jaaskelainen at Bolton for a number of years. Played over 60 games for his country (Oman).

Iain Turner - 25 - Everton. Former Scotland under 21 keeper. Played a few times for Everton and has championship experience on loan at Palace, Wednesday and Forest.

Jamie Ashdown - 28 - Portsmouth. Former Reading youngster, had trials at Arsenal (sound familiar!). Has been at Portsmouth for 5 years, mainly back up to David James. FA cup winner!

Steve Simonsen - 30 - Stoke. Lost his place at Stoke since Sorensen signed. Has played well over 200 games for Stoke, Everton and Tranmere.

Marton Fulop - 26 - Sunderland.Maybe a bit ambitious but will be behind Gordan when he is fit again. Used to play for Spurs, loan spells at Coventry and Leicester.

Richard Kingson - 31 - Wigan. Had 10 years playing in the Turkish league. Been reserve at Wigan and Birmingham in the Premier League. Almost 60 caps for Ghana.

So there we go! No sources or anything, just a list of maybe's!

I believe Leicester have a very good Championship goalkeeper !!

Well looking at the 2 lists I am even more puzzled where Basso hopes he will sign , if indeed his ambition is Premier League.

My gut feeling is now as others have said, Sheff Utd.

But would we want to deal with sheff utd again at the moment after the MM balls up ?

but if we did and Kenny does not get a ban ill be happy with a swap deal

But would we want to deal with sheff utd again at the moment after the MM balls up ?

but if we did and Kenny does not get a ban ill be happy with a swap deal

Depends on how much you want to offload a player, or if you do.

I think it was MM who pulled the plug on the deal rather than our club wasn't it. Sheff Utd were waiting to see who they could sell Naughton to before they could finance a deal for MM. I think they have now sold him to Spurs so they have money. I don't think we really wanted to sell MM but maybe got a good offer. I think the situation with Basso, whoever comes in for him, is totally different.

Well looking at the 2 lists I am even more puzzled where Basso hopes he will sign , if indeed his ambition is Premier League.

My gut feeling is now as others have said, Sheff Utd.

I agree. After looking through the prem squads I cant see him being number 1 anywhere. I just picked out some possible targets for us ( around about equal to Basso) but some clubs have 1 or 2 keepers that are better than Basso. He might get in at Burnley, Stoke or Hull maybe but would be nothing more than a reserve. Other than that it will be another championship club but I doubt he will find one with a better chance or promotion than us. Sheffield Utd maybe but only if Kenny is banned. Reading also a shout but are they that much better than us now?

Most people in that list are quite young. As our two other keepers are also young, would it not be better to bring someone with a bit more experience in? someone who can help them improve as well as first team competition. Like Taylor from Birmingham? (as someone else said on another thread..)

Most people in that list are quite young. As our two other keepers are also young, would it not be better to bring someone with a bit more experience in? someone who can help them improve as well as first team competition. Like Taylor from Birmingham? (as someone else said on another thread..)

I said about maik taylor on another thread. As birmingham have got joe hart on loan. I really rate maik taylor

Archived