IGNORED

Johnsons Biggest Decision Still To Be Made

bristolcitysweden

Goals don't come easy with Johnson. So, will GJ stick to the current strikeforce or will he bring another forward in?

If he does, surely he will play two forwards out of "signing", Maynard, Clarkson, Akinde & Haynes. As things stand I don't count Trundle in. With five forwards it's hard not to play at least two of them as forwards (and not as wingers). By doing so it will at the same time be difficult to accommodate a three man central midfield if you don't give up one of the flanks and ask one of the forwards to track back in that channel.

I believe GJ is keen on a three man central midfield and will opt to give it a go without another forward to see how it develops. It's still time for a signing should it be required even if the league has started.

Am I right in seeing this contradiction between another forward and a three man central midfield?

Cheers

Tommy

He has said that he wants an experienced centre forward. They're not easy to get of course but I would have thought that tells its own story.

Even if Akinde goes out on loan and Haynes plays on right hand side of midfiled it should leave us with "experienced centre forward", Maynard and Clarkson.

Only playing one of them as forward is not well used money I suppose.

Even if Akinde goes out on loan and Haynes plays on right hand side of midfiled it should leave us with "experienced centre forward", Maynard and Clarkson.

Only playing one of them as forward is not well used money I suppose.

I think we will see a new attacking style this season. Or at leasts attempts at. If it doesnt work we can just revert to 4-4-2 but 3-5-2 has to be worth a try if Johnson is confident in it. Pace, pace, pace this season I reckon. Only real worry is McAllister. Thought he was easily our worse first team regular last season.

Akinde doesnt look quite ready to me and could do with another loan to L1 maybe. quick and athletic put surprisingly poor in the air which he needs to work on

Trunds looks like hes gonna be out of favour/not here

So that leaves Clarkson, Maynard and Haynes.

I think we will look to sign one more experienced striker and then pick 2 from 4 with the other two on the bench (now we have 7 subs)

Archived