IGNORED

Zola To Go For Basso

oldfield

Unlikely to replace Robert Green I would think. Still, big wages for sitting on the bench. Agent talk perhaps?

They almost signed Kelvin Davis on a free last month I think !? He is on the look out for an experience no.2 to challenge Green...

I could see this one being true.

If this is true, I think this would be a good move for basso i.e a mid/lower team of the prem where he would provide cover for green and maybe even challange for the number 1 jersey. Also the hammers will be able to match his wages which i believe that GJ & SL would not offer and quite rightly so, a club should never be held to ransom by a player or their agent.

If this is true, I think this would be a good move for basso i.e a mid/lower team of the prem where he would provide cover for green and maybe even challange for the number 1 jersey. Also the hammers will be able to match his wages which i believe that GJ & SL would not offer and quite rightly so, a club should never be held to ransom by a player or their agent.

Didn't they finish 9th last season?

Guest MaloneFM

Can't see that at all.

Its the Daily Mirror who have had Gary Johnson 'linked' to every vacant managers job going. The last one being Reading. They are a top half Premier League club who have a top half Premier League reserve side and a top half Premier League youth team.

Basso is 34 and still has a year on his contract which if my basic maths serves me well will make him 35 before he is a free signing.

File under speculative cobblers. And I don't mean Northampton either.

Can't see that at all.

Its the Daily Mirror who have had Gary Johnson 'linked' to every vacant managers job going. The last one being Reading. They are a top half Premier League club who have a top half Premier League reserve side and a top half Premier League youth team.

Basso is 34 and still has a year on his contract which if my basic maths serves me well will make him 35 before he is a free signing.

File under speculative cobblers. And I don't mean Northampton either.

Which is why uncle, they will sign him this transfer window if its true. :innocent06:

Guest MaloneFM

But won't that make him old in goalkeeping terms young Loyalist? And they will have a very good yoof team and reserves so why bother with some old git from a lower league?

And straying from the subject somewhat...Eubanks Blake yesterday....AYE AYE FATTY!!

But won't that make him old in goalkeeping terms young Loyalist? And they will have a very good yoof team and reserves so why bother with some old git from a lower league?

And straying from the subject somewhat...Eubanks Blake yesterday....AYE AYE FATTY!!

Reminds me of that overweight striker we have, just more 'tanned' :innocent06:

Basso is never going to take the number 1 jersey away from green. He will be a bench warmer at west ham.

Maybe you should change that quote from Basso is your picture, tropicalsurfer: 'Jesus Loves You - But His agent says "go for the money"'

Green is the best 'keeper West Ham have had in years, barring injury/suspension Basso would not get a game.

Also, West Ham are not flush with cash at all. Would they really be paying wages that much more for a reserve 'keeper than we offered? I don't know.

Maybe you should change that quote from Basso is your picture, tropicalsurfer: 'Jesus Loves You - But His agent says "go for the money"'

Why?

As much i like Basso and think he is an excellent keeper he is not the same standard as robert green and will not take the number 1 jersey if he goes to west ham not to mention the fact they have 2 other keepers.

Why?

As much i like Basso and think he is an excellent keeper he is not the same standard as robert green and will not take the number 1 jersey if he goes to west ham not to mention the fact they have 2 other keepers.

Hey, lighten up, dude - It. Was. Just. A. Joke.

Jees. :noexpression:

This one from the Sun makes it all seem a bit of a Merry-Go-Round;

SHEFFIELD UNITED see Jimmy Walker as a solution to their keeper problem.

The Blades are facing a dilemma with first-choice Paddy Kenny suspended after testing positive for banned stimulant ephedrine.

So boss Kevin Blackwell is looking at stopper Walker, who is training with the Blades after being released by West Ham.

Archived