IGNORED

Right Wing Back In 3-5-2

lukebcfc

in this 3-5-2 formation who ould you play riberio or bradley?

dont get me wrong i think bradley is fantastic and is worthy of a position in the team, but i fell ribierio with his pace, good defending ability and can cross a ball well when running at speed like the cross against ajax.!! i think he would suit the team better when playing this formation.!

your thoughts please?

lukebcfc :englandsmile4wf:

A this moment, I would go for Bradley Orr over a youngster who has not played at this level.

If Bradley has a bad patch though, which at some point in the season he will, I think Ribeiro should then get his chance then

A this moment, I would go for Bradley Orr over a youngster who has not played at this level.

If Bradley has a bad patch though, which at some point in the season he will, I think Ribeiro should then get his chance then

If it's a question of who's better suited to the position of right-wing-back, I would say Ribeiro. I like Orr a lot, and he's a great defender, but his crossing and distribution does let him down at times and he's not as good going forward. However he is a superb defender and in a 4-4-2 formation he's the best option.

Having said that, I wouldn't drop him just yet if we did go 3-5-2 right now as he's the fitter and more experienced.

Orr every time.

he showed on saturday e has the ability to repeatitivly go past a full back, and while his crossing is poor he does offer plenty down the right. all it needs is hartley to come across to the right hand side when Brad has the ball and offer him a short pass option. then hartley can dig over a cross of much better quality than bradley could.

the thing i worry about with ribs is the defensive aspect of his game... he does seem to be prone slightly to positional mistakes, so i would give him more time to progress and develop before thrusting him in... bradley is certainly a very compitent defender so should play on merit

its good to have two good options in a position though :innocent06:

Its a tough one for me. Orr is a great defender, no question, always gives 110%, but i agree with what has been said before his distribution at times can be terrible. The only way we are going to see how riberio copes is if GJ plays him. I would love to see him give ribs a chance.

I don't know how people can say Ribs over Orr. I wonder how many times they have seen Riberio play ? surely not enough to give him the nod over a very good experianced player.

Seen him play four or five times, he's looked to me to have a great deal of ability every time. I'd rather play him and get him the experience than play Orr who isn't at this point going to learn how to pass or cross solid defender though he is.

Seen him play four or five times, he's looked to me to have a great deal of ability every time. I'd rather play him and get him the experience than play Orr who isn't at this point going to learn how to pass or cross solid defender though he is.

Fair enough but i would like to see him play in the first team in the Championship for 10 games before i could make a choice on who is better.

Fair enough but i would like to see him play in the first team in the Championship for 10 games before i could make a choice on who is better.

Well, yes, but it's a bit vicious circle - if you don't play him for those 10 games before he's proved he's better he can never prove that. You have to take a gamble and right now I think he's ready for that run.

Well, yes, but it's a bit vicious circle - if you don't play him for those 10 games before he's proved he's better he can never prove that. You have to take a gamble and right now I think he's ready for that run.

I agree. I find Orr solid but not amazing- his passing is awful though. On the other hand Riberio already looks a very tidy player and I can easily see him being an improvement on Orr if given a chance.

Interesting one this, bit of a catch 22 with Ribeiro labelled as inexperienced without having been given a chance (yet) to gain that experience!

The way I see it is that Bradders is the man in possesion and Ribs will have to wait for an injury/suspension/loss of form to get his chance. CR undeniably has the potential to succeed at this level (based on limited viewings admittedly), but I don't see there being any great rush to replace Orr. He's a solid performer at this level and will rightly (IMO) start the season as first choice - as mentioned above it's fantastic to have 2 players competing for a position.

As the season wears on I think we may see the same situation on the opposite flank with Blackman putting pressure on McAllister. While Macca is a steady defender at this level, I do worry about his distribution - his default option seems to be to launch the ball 60 yards and not really worry about where it's going. Having never seen Blackman play it's hard to make a case for the lad, but if he has a bit of composure to go with his electric pace then I think he could be ideally suited to the wing-back role :fingerscrossed:

Interesting one this, bit of a catch 22 with Ribeiro labelled as inexperienced without having been given a chance (yet) to gain that experience!

The way I see it is that Bradders is the man in possesion and Ribs will have to wait for an injury/suspension/loss of form to get his chance. CR undeniably has the potential to succeed at this level (based on limited viewings admittedly), but I don't see there being any great rush to replace Orr. He's a solid performer at this level and will rightly (IMO) start the season as first choice - as mentioned above it's fantastic to have 2 players competing for a position.

As the season wears on I think we may see the same situation on the opposite flank with Blackman putting pressure on McAllister. While Macca is a steady defender at this level, I do worry about his distribution - his default option seems to be to launch the ball 60 yards and not really worry about where it's going. Having never seen Blackman play it's hard to make a case for the lad, but if he has a bit of composure to go with his electric pace then I think he could be ideally suited to the wing-back role :fingerscrossed:

This is what i am saying in a roundabout way. IF Orr has a few bad games and ribs does well in reserve games or in a micky mouse cup game when orr is rested then he will deserve his chance. I have no probs with that but i dont think it is justifiable to drop Orr for riberio on the back of a few reserve outings and a bit of pre -season ecpecially as Orr has been playing quite well

The way I see it is that Bradders is the man in possesion and Ribs will have to wait for an injury/suspension/loss of form to get his chance. CR undeniably has the potential to succeed at this level (based on limited viewings admittedly), but I don't see there being any great rush to replace Orr. He's a solid performer at this level and will rightly (IMO) start the season as first choice

What he said.

Um, Brian Wilson anyone?!

Believe it or not we still have him...

:tumbleweed:

I'd rather give Ribs the nod though out of Orr and Ribeiro.

I'm sure this time last year Sheff Utd wouldn't have expected to recieve over £10Million for two 'un-proven' and probably unknown young full backs in Walker and McNaughton after one season.

What I'm saying is young players have burst onto the scene in the first team before and Ribs should get a shot to prove his worth and so called potential.

Johnson has pretty much built a reputation on not playing the youngsters but he's hinted his satisfaction with seeing players come through recently. So there is hope at least one academy product may get a chance!

Orr has been too good of a servant to this club to be dropped to 2nd in the pecking order at RB. Ribs should definitely get his chance. I am almost certain he will start against Brentford. I think if he hadn't picked up that horrible injury last season we would have seen an awful lot more of him then. Unless Orr was injured or suspended which I'm pretty sure he wasn't, GJ showed a pretty clear statement of intent that he thinks he's ready to make that step up to first team level.

Archived