IGNORED

Basso

Ashton Kate

SO if Basso comes cap in hand holding a slice of humble pie how will everyone feel?

I'm not sure the same deal would be available to him, SL is too wise for that. Not sure he's entirely burnt his bridges personally, but I'm just starting to think this is a new chapter for us and we need to move on, I like the look of this new Czech guy anyway and Gerken seems better than Weale.

Come what may, I'll be waiting to see anxiously how this pans out.

SO if Basso comes cap in hand holding a slice of humble pie how will everyone feel?

I'm not sure the same deal would be available to him, SL is too wise for that. Not sure he's entirely burnt his bridges personally, but I'm just starting to think this is a new chapter for us and we need to move on, I like the look of this new Czech guy anyway and Gerken seems better than Weale.

i think this is a different situation to the orr one as braders didn't hand in a transfer request just rejected the contract offered where as basso has handed in a transfer request and has made it clear he wants out so i cant see him ever playing for us again but if he held his hands up and said ive dropped a bollock i still dont think gj would want him back not after all the headaches he has caused and add to the fact basso did all this with the new season 2 weeks away

Guest MaloneFM

Oh Snothuasen bless you and your dodgy journalism!

Re-read the peice again and it reads as:

SHOULD Paddy Kenny be found guilty and IF he gets suspended then Sheffield United MAY look towards Basso as TEMPORARY cover for him.

Well thats all cut and dried isn't it? Same as the Trundle story on the same page which again reads as: Swansea want a replacement for Jason Scotland so they MAY be interested in Trundle. They have spoken to city, the way most clubs do.

But they have said they ain't.

The most credible namey I have heard from the rumour mill so far is Notts County. They are 4th division and is experienced in a higher league.

My money thought is still on him going to the usual 2nd string sides such as Cheltenham, Yeovile or even Swindle.

Well although often what Johnson says publicly and what he thinks privately can be two very different things, I think in this instance that Basso has blown it as far as playing for City is concerned. Johnson is fiercely loyal to his players and expects the same in return. Any hint that a player doesn't want to play for the club (and a transfer request is a pretty big hint) will result in that player being dropped indefinitely.

Bradley Orr never said he didn't want to play for City, he just wasn't completely happy with the contract. Basso has clearly stated he wants out.

Well although often what Johnson says publicly and what he thinks privately can be two very different things, I think in this instance that Basso has blown it as far as playing for City is concerned. Johnson is fiercely loyal to his players and expects the same in return. Any hint that a player doesn't want to play for the club (and a transfer request is a pretty big hint) will result in that player being dropped indefinitely.

Bradley Orr never said he didn't want to play for City, he just wasn't completely happy with the contract. Basso has clearly stated he wants out.

Well I think that's totally proper - loyalty cuts both ways, you can see with other managers of higher repute (eg Wenger, Fergie) that they have the same attitude - once you've mentally decided you want to go, then you go.

There's no point in getting all sentimental or emotional about it - at the end of the day, footballers are employees doing a job, and should not be expected to behave any different to you or I. If we want to go, then we look for and find another job and off we trot...

If Basso goes to Sheff Utd I for one will definately give him a dogs abuse when he comes back to the gate playing for them.

Im not really bothered about the fact he has left us as his days are numbered (annoyed we let Weale go but thats a different story). But I cant be doing with giving people a nice reception when they come back playing for a club who have merely offered them more money. Ashton gate is a dying breed - a traditional ground with at times an intimidating atmosphere. While we still have the gate I think we should be trying to make the place as intimidating as we can for opposing teams and fans alike. A judus turncoat (tongue in cheek) such as Basso should feel the wrath of us city fans - at least for 90 mins. I will never forget the faint feeling of nausea when Ian Holloway returned to the gate as manager of Leicester and was "warmly applauded" by sections of the city faithful - the very essence of anti bristol city when he was a gas player.

We can manage it for Lita, cureton et al and i honestly believe that they have played poorly as a result.

So come on city boys and girls - give him hell!!!!

Guest ashtonyate

Everybody is assuming its over money and playing in the Premier League but no one knows for definite what the reason is for him going.

Johnson says he is chasing the money but could the real reason be he is fed up with Johnson questioning his Injuries.

If Basso is a devote Christening would he be so underhanded to faint injury and acted in such away, I think not it would go against all he believed in.

Oh Snothuasen bless you and your dodgy journalism!

Re-read the peice again and it reads as:

SHOULD Paddy Kenny be found guilty and IF he gets suspended then Sheffield United MAY look towards Basso as TEMPORARY cover for him.

Well thats all cut and dried isn't it? Same as the Trundle story on the same page which again reads as: Swansea want a replacement for Jason Scotland so they MAY be interested in Trundle. They have spoken to city, the way most clubs do.

But they have said they ain't.

The most credible namey I have heard from the rumour mill so far is Notts County. They are 4th division and is experienced in a higher league.

My money thought is still on him going to the usual 2nd string sides such as Cheltenham, Yeovile or even Swindle.

He got banned for drink-Driving you know ??

Everybody is assuming its over money and playing in the Premier League but no one knows for definite what the reason is for him going.

Johnson says he is chasing the money but could the real reason be he is fed up with Johnson questioning his Injuries.

If Basso is a devote Christening would he be so underhanded to faint injury and acted in such away, I think not it would go against all he believed in.

As usual you assume Gary is lying. If so there is nothing to prevent Basso proving that is so. A person who is both religious and hypocritical? That's never happened before. Perish the thought. :innocent06:

i question his injuries as well. not that he is feigning them but that he is a pansy with a extremely low pain threshold.

funny how when he keeps going off injured he is always fit for the next game. for my mind he should of been dropped at the end of last season when he did it and hendo came in and had a superb game.

I'm sure Gary Johnson classed Basso as one of his "core" player which is why Chris Weale left so why would he be questioning his injuries? In saying that Basso is the most injury prone keeper I've ever known. As for Basso's religious beliefs, well we've all heard stories about vicars and priests getting up to things that go against the teachings of the Bible and I'm sure Adriano could find a passage in there to justify his desire for more money. I just think that a minority of fans just love to rip into Gary Johnson for their own reason and this seems to be a good example of this.

I'm sure Gary Johnson classed Basso as one of his "core" player which is why Chris Weale left so why would he be questioning his injuries? In saying that Basso is the most injury prone keeper I've ever known. As for Basso's religious beliefs, well we've all heard stories about vicars and priests getting up to things that go against the teachings of the Bible and I'm sure Adriano could find a passage in there to justify his desire for more money. I just think that a minority of fans just love to rip into Gary Johnson for their own reason and this seems to be a good example of this.

Exactly. Everything GJ says or does is for the good of the club.

Guest ashtonyate

I remember a certain Mr Steve Brooker on this forum,poster on this web site said was a drunkard and was injury prone and a lot more else.

A lot of Fans turn on him some of the post were way over the top,in the end the truth came out he was the one hard done by because of thing that had happened.

We may never know why Basso has asked for a move as it is not very often players speak out about there situation but I will keep an open mind until the reason is made clear.

I remember a certain Mr Steve Brooker on this forum,poster on this web site said was a drunkard and was injury prone and a lot more else.

A lot of Fans turn on him some of the post were way over the top,in the end the truth came out he was the one hard done by because of thing that had happened.

We may never know why Basso has asked for a move as it is not very often players speak out about there situation but I will keep an open mind until the reason is made clear.

But Brooker never handed in a transfer request so where's the parallel there? He was loyal to the last and only went when a move was beneficial to all parties. Unlike Basso who delayed until he'd seen off the competition from Weale and then made his demands and threw his toys when they weren't met.

Guest ashtonyate
But Brooker never handed in a transfer request so where's the parallel there? He was loyal to the last and only went when a move was beneficial to all parties. Unlike Basso who delayed until he'd seen off the competition from Weale and then made his demands and threw his toys when they weren't met.

So how do you know that it may be what you think but prove it

Guest MaloneFM

Yes can we please move on past the 'alleged' drink driving and the so called 'conviction' and the rumoured 18 month driving 'ban'?

This is not a made up hokey pokey load of cobblers he half heard from someone in the Wellington when the g*s got a lesson from Colin the other night.

Maybe it was supplied by our chum Robinson.

So how do you know that it may be what you think but prove it

Because it fits the sequence of events.

Basso was force fed dog faeces by Elvis impersonators that Gary Johnson had paid to visit him in the night because he was sick of him pointing at the sky all the time. Basso found out that Johnson was behind the canine excrement attack and immediately slapped in a transfer request.

Prove it didn't happen.

Basso was force fed dog faeces by Elvis impersonators that Gary Johnson had paid to visit him in the night because he was sick of him pointing at the sky all the time. Basso found out that Johnson was behind the canine excrement attack and immediately slapped in a transfer request.

Prove it didn't happen.

it was actually pressley and jackson there both still alive

Prove it didn't happen.

I was gonna respond to poor, misguided AY, but now I dont need to as this post is almost perfect.

Tbh Edson, he wont respond with anything decent anyway.

Guest MaloneFM

For god's sake man you are a moderator. Show some restraint.

It was the toffee knob bankers that did it backed up by solicitors from the corrupt CPS lib/lab/con/can/can loving EU because he bad mouthed Che Guevara, Stalin And Cromwell by accusing them of being the historic equivalent of the Bee Gees.

They were driven there by Thatcher and a gestapo officer now employed as a copper. Which would make him well over 90 years old but no matter.

Prove THAT didn't happen eh?

Guest ashtonyate

Prove it didn't happen.

Weale was more unfit than Basso, you can make most sequence fit if you try hard enough

Guest ashtonyate
Yeah, or you can just make something up, like you did.

No that's fact he came here injured and had a lot of time out,if Basso had said he wanted to go before Weale had gone we would have still needed a goal keeper because of his fitness.

No that's fact he came here injured and had a lot of time out,if Basso had said he wanted to go before Weale had gone we would have still needed a goal keeper because of his fitness.

Where's the 'fact' in your post: "could the real reason be he is fed up with Johnson questioning his Injuries."

Or is there no fact and you just made it up?

Guest ashtonyate
Where's the 'fact' in your post: "could the real reason be he is fed up with Johnson questioning his Injuries."

Or is there no fact and you just made it up?

That's not fact that's a question a discussion point,had I said Basso is fed up with Johnson questioning his Injuries then you may have had a point.

Have we got to believe the club's spin all the time can we not have independent thinking.

Archived