IGNORED

Anyone Knows If Carey Has Signed A New Contract?

bristolcitysweden

He has a bit more on his mind than a contract at the moment.

Give the guy a break.

Poor timing, sorry for that, but I'm not criticizing Carey.

The weeks before Wembley a lot of players signed new contracts but it was never announced officially. Why? It should be a good thing for the club if it's keyplayers sign new contracts. Sure the fans could have dealt with the information although Wembley was coming up :innocent06:

Can't understand the logic behind that policy.

Poor timing, sorry for that, but I'm not criticizing Carey.

The weeks before Wembley a lot of players signed new contracts but it was never announced officially. Why? It should be a good thing for the club if it's keyplayers sign new contracts. Sure the fans could have dealt with the information although Wembley was coming up :innocent06:

Can't understand the logic behind that policy.

The only reason I can think of is that GJ does not want other clubs to know when the players contract expires...

For example, if player x signs a 2 year deal, clubs will make note of that and use it to their benefit 1-2 years later..

The only reason I can think of is that GJ does not want other clubs to know when the players contract expires...

For example, if player x signs a 2 year deal, clubs will make note of that and use it to their benefit 1-2 years later..

I get your point Riaz but will not player x agent tell the world about his bargain?

We are discussing new signings etc. on here without even knowing which players are under contract and for how long.

Ok, Marvs was announced and probably a few others but players profiles on the official site should be updated.

I imagine the reasoning is more about public pressure than alerting other clubs (although slightly the latter).

As others have pointed out the agents will be talking to other clubs all the time anyway so most obvious destinations for players will be discussed by agents but moreover, if we all knew exactly when everyone's contract ran out and who was offered what, when - then I think it could easily lead to rather unhelpful comment on the terraces and in the press - especially among players who have a bit of a cult status. I imagine the situation with Noble, Stewart and Phillips was probably difficult enough for the club to deal with anyway without everyone noticing that one player may not have signed as early as the other etc. So I assume the club would rather deal with these issues privately and in their own time.

He has a bit more on his mind than a contract at the moment.

Give the guy a break.

Agreed Edson, but I don't think Tommy was having a go at Carey as such.

I was surprised to see him in the Yeovil squad tonight to be honest.

Condolences on the loss Louis.

Agreed Edson, but I don't think Tommy was having a go at Carey as such.

I was surprised to see him in the Yeovil squad tonight to be honest.

Condolences on the loss Louis.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I was just basing it on the fact he posted several times about Louis not being in the squad against Wolves because he was refusing to sign a contract.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I was just basing it on the fact he posted several times about Louis not being in the squad against Wolves because he was refusing to sign a contract.

Saw Henrys post first now:

Group: + PL Member

Member No.: 6,910

QUOTE (bristolcitysweden @ Jul 25 2009, 1:46 PM)

Yet to sign a contract.

QUOTE (bristolcitysweden @ Jul 25 2009, 2:14 PM)

No, but he has not yet signed a contract and as things stand he will not be available against Preston.

What is the point is lying? Thats low, seeing as he was not playing due to a bereavement.

He actually signed a contract, along with a few defenders and midfielders, around the time Orr was offered a deal, which he rejected.

I wasen't lying. I just diden't know about the sad news at the time

"He actually signed a contract"............."which he rejected" ??

Glad he has signed anyway!

Archived