IGNORED

Sharp Tranfer Listed By Blades

CheltenhamCityFan

Sheffield United manager Kevin Blackwell has confirmed that striker Billy Sharp has been transfer listed.

The 23-year-old has scored 10 goals since returning to the club for £2.5 million two season's ago.

Despite much speculation over Sharp's future, Blackwell is yet to receive a formal offer for the player.

"Billy is on the list and a lot of people are speculating, but at the moment he's still a United player," Blackwell told BBC Radio Sheffield.

Sharp began his career with the Blades after coming through the academy, but made his name at S****horpe where he scored 53 times in 80 league starts.

The Sheffield born striker has attracted the attention of several clubs including Doncaster Rovers, Barnsley and S****horpe though,.

However it is believed that none of the clubs are interested in meeting the Blade's asking price for the striker

I wonder how much they want for him? £500K would be about right in my book.

He was an excellent Striker at Leauge 1 level, and it would be harsh to write him off as not good enough at this level. Signed by Robson who then left 6 months later, and for whatever not really worked out for him.

I would like to see him at City for the right price but dont think it is the right time for either him or us, we have Clarkson, Maynard, Akinde, and Haynes as our 4 up top this year.

GJ must have been aware of his availability and has chosen not to pursue it.

I wonder how much they want for him? £500K would be about right in my book.

He was an excellent Striker at Leauge 1 level, and it would be harsh to write him off as not good enough at this level. Signed by Robson who then left 6 months later, and for whatever not really worked out for him.

I would like to see him at City for the right price but dont think it is the right time for either him or us, we have Clarkson, Maynard, Akinde, and Haynes as our 4 up top this year.

GJ must have been aware of his availability and has chosen not to pursue it.

No no no no no!!!

Yes he was great at League One.... so was Nicky Maynard. They are both very similar players. While Maynard seems to be developing and improving all the time and getting better at Championship Level, Sharp seems to have hit his peak and got stuck in a rut and will not get any better. He would not be a good investment in my opinion and is certaintly no better than what we already have.

No no no no no!!!

Yes he was great at League One.... so was Nicky Maynard. They are both very similar players. While Maynard seems to be developing and improving all the time and getting better at Championship Level, Sharp seems to have hit his peak and got stuck in a rut and will not get any better. He would not be a good investment in my opinion and is certaintly no better than what we already have.

he is stuck in a rut, one might argue, because of being at Sheff Utd... just hasn't worked out for him. Either way, its gonna be a big gamble for anyone if the price is a high one because he may not find that form again although my betting is he will IF he gets the right manager to bring him back from relative goal obscurity.

I think he's a good player and at the beginning of the summer, I would have loved us to get him.

But with the other strikers we have picked up, we dont need him - we need a striker with a physical presence.

I think he's a good player and at the beginning of the summer, I would have loved us to get him.

But with the other strikers we have picked up, we dont need him - we need a striker with a physical presence.

What, like Parkin?! :o

Agreed Sharp is too similar to what we have. After scoring loads for Scunnie he hasn't really impressed since, nor has his ex partner Keogh. Maybe they need eachother. Talking of partnerships I'm hoping we can get a settled one soon as its ages since we really had one consistant goalscorer never mind a pair. I think we are all waiting with interest to see who this seasons 'lump' is going to be.

What, like Parkin?! :o

Agreed Sharp is too similar to what we have. After scoring loads for Scunnie he hasn't really impressed since, nor has his ex partner Keogh. Maybe they need eachother. Talking of partnerships I'm hoping we can get a settled one soon as its ages since we really had one consistant goalscorer never mind a pair. I think we are all waiting with interest to see who this seasons 'lump' is going to be.

I dont want a lump. I want us to get a player who can play a bit aswell as being strong - not many about, but this kenny cooper chap seems to fit the bill...

ps Maynard will score loads this coming season

Sheff Utd want Basso.......

Neither of us seem to have any cash.....

Swap?

depends if the cash has been earmarked for other things because neither club are without a pool of resources; sheff utd with the Tevez payment and city with a chairman prepared to back his manager.

The problem with a swap is they want a goalie, it would seem, but we do not really want another golf club we already have in the bag so this idea, i think, would favour them and not us particularly. On the other hand, if nobody came in with a bid it might be a secondary option but by the looks of things there is interest in bassoooo.

not another forward who cant score please! we are not very good at signing forwards who can score are we? we sign players ,play them out of position, pay over the odds

whilst maynard is improving i dont think he or clarkson will get you 20 goals a season :rain:

to be fair mate, David Nugent never used to hit 20 goals a season at Championship level, and he went for like....£6m

If Maynard hits 15, Ill be chuffed with that

to be fair mate, David Nugent never used to hit 20 goals a season at Championship level, and he went for like....£6m

If Maynard hits 15, Ill be chuffed with that

i will be delighted for him nice bloke i keep bumping in to him in portishead high st !! restraing order is in the post :bounce:

depends if the cash has been earmarked for other things because neither club are without a pool of resources; sheff utd with the Tevez payment and city with a chairman prepared to back his manager.

The problem with a swap is they want a goalie, it would seem, but we do not really want another golf club we already have in the bag so this idea, i think, would favour them and not us particularly. On the other hand, if nobody came in with a bid it might be a secondary option but by the looks of things there is interest in bassoooo.

Swap Basso for Cotterill. That would do for me.

Archived