IGNORED

Randy Stockingtop

Father Jacki

I gave up reading about a third of the way through as it's tottaly inaccurate.

After saying we will finish between 12th and 20th he says "I hope I'm wrong for City's sake, but I seldom am."

Although it is posiblle he may be right, that is very cocky.

For the record, i think we will finish between 5th and 10th.

After saying we will finish between 12th and 20th he says "I hope I'm wrong for City's sake, but I seldom am."

Although it is posiblle he may be right, that is very cocky.

For the record, i think we will finish between 5th and 10th.

I gave up reading after I read,

Almost all of last year's squad retained

So Chris Weale, Peter Styvar, Jennison Myrie-Williams, Dele Adebola, Scott Murray and David Noble didn't leave with possibly McIndoe and Basso to follow. I think replacing 6 players with more to follow isn't retaining almost all of last years squad. Last season yes but not this season.

Firstly the goalkeeping situation. Whatever the rights or wrongs of it almost all fans know that Basso was a key member of the team. With about a week to go we do not know who the goalie will be for the first match. More importantly, neither do his team mates.
That foreign dude if he signs has been with us for a couple of weeks so I'm sure there will be a little understanding, We also have Gerken who was signed early on.

With few players departing there could be some unhappy bunnies on the bench
Does he not see that 6 have gone and 6 have come in so it looks as if we are operating a 1 in 1 out policy.

I gave up reading then as it is clear he is once again under the influence of alcohol.

I gave up reading after I read,

So Chris Weale, Peter Styvar, Jennison Myrie-Williams, Dele Adebola, Scott Murray and David Noble didn't leave with possibly McIndoe and Basso to follow. I think replacing 6 players with more to follow isn't retaining almost all of last years squad. Last season yes but not this season.

That foreign dude if he signs has been with us for a couple of weeks so I'm sure there will be a little understanding, We also have Gerken who was signed early on.

Does he not see that 6 have gone and 6 have come in so it looks as if we are operating a 1 in 1 out policy.

I gave up reading then as it is clear he is once again under the influence of alcohol.

didn't he get done for drink drriving?

Randy = Andy.

Stockingtop = Stockhausen.

Oh, I see what he's done there.

:noexpression:

So anywhere between 12th and 20th, eh? Talk about hedging his bets. Course he's unlikely to be wrong when he's predicting we could finish anywhere in almost half the division.

And does he really think Steve Lansdown is going to lose patience with Johnson halfway through the season and dump him?! He's got a long-term contract and knows it's a long-term job. SL does not panic and kick his managers or staff out after a few games. (The Tinnion dismissal was no panic move, but clearly we were going backwards.)

For the record, I would be disappointed, but content with mid-table this season as the squad is so young and progressing. I'm sure SL and GJ are the same.

And does he really expect, honestly, that all 6 new signings are going to play at once at any point this season? Gerken was always bought as back-up to Basso - whether he goes or not; Blackman is just a kid and is one for the future; even Nyatanga is probably cover for defence as it's an area we're so strong in.

But what he neglects to comprehend is that we're strengthening. Yes, there are going to be some unhappy bunnies, but that's the point when you buy better players and develop the squad. The bigger the club, the bigger the squad, and to progress we have to have the strength in depth to compete with the likes of Newcastle, Middlesbrough and West Brom.

And as has been pointed out here already, he hasn't done his research anyway, because yes six players have come in, but six players have also left.

Rarely wrong, eh? Well, yes, you probably are when you don't actually say anything...

even Nyatanga is probably cover for defence as it's an area we're so strong in.

Actually I think this is our weakest area. I'm happy we have pace in attack and a decent centre of midfield (if we can leave LJ out). The wings could be better but it is the defence that really worries me. At the end of last season we were shipping goals left right and centre with McCallister (especially), McCombe and Orr all over the shop. I would like to see us sign another old head at the back to be a good step in or replacement for Carey who seems to be getting injured and suspended far too much for my liking.

Actually I think this is our weakest area. I'm happy we have pace in attack and a decent centre of midfield (if we can leave LJ out). The wings could be better but it is the defence that really worries me. At the end of last season we were shipping goals left right and centre with McCallister (especially), McCombe and Orr all over the shop. I would like to see us sign another old head at the back to be a good step in or replacement for Carey who seems to be getting injured and suspended far too much for my liking.

Whilst I agree that would be ideal, the problem is, if you bring in a Carey equivalent (i.e. older head, Championship experience, natural leader), he's going to expect to play. So where would that leave Fontaine and Nyatanga?

It's very difficult to bring in a player like that as cover, because players like that can get first team football elsewhere.

Whilst I agree that would be ideal, the problem is, if you bring in a Carey equivalent (i.e. older head, Championship experience, natural leader), he's going to expect to play. So where would that leave Fontaine and Nyatanga?

It's very difficult to bring in a player like that as cover, because players like that can get first team football elsewhere.

I know where you're coming from. Better back up than McCombe is what we need though, as hard as it may be to do.

I know where you're coming from. Better back up than McCombe is what we need though, as hard as it may be to do.

Why? McCombe would get into alot of other championships sides, so why do we need better back-up than him?

I think that's a bit unfair. McCombe has done tremendously well for us, particularly in that first season back in the CCC. A massive loss in the play-off final. He will provide more than adequate cover. He didn't play much last season and look how many goals we shipped in his absence.

My reply on 606 - not sure if it will get on there!

Hi Andy,

You mention 6 players have come in and "need to gel and have not come to sit on the bench"

Well 4 of the 6 players are in their early twenties, so will expect a certain amount of time on the bench....

How do you base your assumption that gary johnson does not know his preffered team? Is it based on the pre-season friendlys, cos that would be silly to judge on those team selections when we all know, its mostly done for fitness...

You say you are seldom wrong, but I've just highlighted two mistakes and I rarely read much of your articles that are correct. Charlton Away, season before last springs to mind - worst report on a football match I've ever read!

So, you are seldom right!

Was it right to drink-drive andy?

Also, your prediction of 12th - 20th, for a manager that has rarely had a average season like the last, what makes you think we have a bad season coming up?? We've strengthened and we have a manager who has record to suggest that we will be a promotion candidates, more often than not!

Lastly and more importantly, I was hoping you can help me...

I'm looking for a job at the mo, but I was hoping for some tips on getting a job.

Afterall, you have managed to get a job as a journalist at the main local paper in Bristol!!

With your inaccurate articles and scanning otib for your information, who the f did you do that?? So, you must have given a very good interview and bullshitted them very well...

Any tips would be much appreciated!

A truly awful (and overly negative) post from someone who ought to know his onions....not least because he's arrogant enough to throw whats left of his tattered journalistic reputation behind it.

I generally dont have an opinon on the bloke...but when I read garbage like this, I tend to sit in the Stockhausen is a **** camp.

Having seen that he is unprofessional enough to post his opinions on forums, I imagine that he cant help himself from posting on here under a pseudenom.

I always think of a quote about a different "Stocking Top" when I hear of Mr S:

"I have never heard any Stockhausen, but I do believe I have stepped in some." - Thomas Beecham

He's clearly out to wind up the City fans, as I guess we must rile him by reminding him of how bad a journalist he is (and the other thing we keep reminding him of).

Keep on riling, I say!

Why? McCombe would get into alot of other championships sides, so why do we need better back-up than him?

I don't think he would. Personal opinion.

I think that's a bit unfair. McCombe has done tremendously well for us, particularly in that first season back in the CCC. A massive loss in the play-off final. He will provide more than adequate cover. He didn't play much last season and look how many goals we shipped in his absence.

He did OK in the first season but last season he was pretty poor in the games I saw him play. When we went through our winning patch of 7 games (or similar) he featured in just one against Palace at home.

I just think we need better squad players than him to be in the top 6.

I don't think he would. Personal opinion.

He did OK in the first season but last season he was pretty poor in the games I saw him play. When we went through our winning patch of 7 games (or similar) he featured in just one against Palace at home.

I just think we need better squad players than him to be in the top 6.

To be fair, GJ has tried to get them. But when the best experienced heads you can attract to the club as cover are Webster and Iriekpen, I think a policy of good, young players alongside Carey and McCombe are a better bet in the long term.

McCombe is limited, there's no doubt about that, but he's big, strong and a threat from set pieces, so I think he's decent cover.

I thought his piece was definitely worth a read all the way through and indeed a reply. My views on journalists these days is not predominantly a positive one so i simply had to write something:-

Whoever this 'Randy' bloke is he is no journalist. Mind you, journalistic prose has been in decline for years but this grammatically incorrect and post card style of writing has no place on the BBC.

As for the 'opinion' extolled in the piece well, it reads like an end of day blow pipe sensation cobbled together high on pop and fish fingers and finished before Channel 4's 3 minute wonder program. And a piece of 'wonder' it certainly is not.

Where do the BBC dig these people up from? dear oh dear.

Archived