IGNORED

Half Time Collection

graham b

I would like to thank all the collectors who volunteered and helped in the collection for the Breast Cancer Campaign to celebrate the "completion" of Jers marathon bike ride. The organisation of getting the buckets out and returned at the end of half time went better than I thought it would. So thanks a lot for your help.

A special thanks should go to Pete Smith (Percy Parrot) and Mark Tovey (Green Un) for their efforts in organising the collection and of course to Jer himself for giving us the vehicle on which the collection was based and thus made it all possible (Oscar collection speech!).

Also thank you to all the people who gave so generously. We'll let you know how much was collected when Breast Cancer get round to counting it!

Of course to advertise that it was to celebrate the completion was tempting fate. Fate has contrived a kick in the teeth and so Jer will be back on his bike to Hartlepool in the middle of the week. I'm sure he is now looking forward to the trip to Cardiff and his first (?) Severn Bridge crossing.

Archived