IGNORED

Brave Blues Edged By Robins

dargla

Wycombes Review of todays game.

Peter Taylor's Chairboys fell to a 3-1 defeat to Bristol City on Saturday afternoon, though a sparkling second half performance from the Wanderers gave a promising indication of what is to come ahead of the League One campaign.

City took the lead on 38 minutes after Jamie Young's initial clearing punch was controlled 12-yards out, and beautifully lobbed home by Marvin Elliot.

Five second half substitutions re-invigorated the visitors and they bagged a deserved equalizer ten minutes from the break, as Carl Cart took advantage of tenacious work from Chris Zebroski to dash into the area before squaring for Matty Phillips to tap home from close range.

The Buckinghamshire boys looked the brighter team at that stage but it wasn't to be, as David Clarkson took advantage of a lapse of concentration from the Wycombe back-line to head home unmarked with twenty minutes remaining.

John Akinde had the honour of receiving his League Two promotion medal from Peter Taylor before kick-off and perhaps that was still praying on his mind as he came off the bench to take on his former club - remarkably missing a penalty in the dying stages after Marvin Elliot was clumsily felled by John Mousinho.

The men in the quarters were still stroking the ball around nicely as the game rolled into injury time but the score line was destined not to tell the fall tale of the game, as substitute Ivan Sproule broke the offside trap in the dying seconds to tap home City's third goal of the afternoon.

Peter Taylor told wwfc.com: "I thought we started well and played some nice football, but there was just a bit of a lack of communication for the goals which we'll need to work on.

"I thought Carl Cort did some good things, we told him that he could stick around and train with us if he wanted and he was really keen to play today so we gave him 45 minutes. I thought he did well and I was impressed with him.

"I've also brought in Danny Spiller on trial, he has been released so we've brought him in to have a look, he'll be with us this week."

Wycombes Review of todays game.

Peter Taylor's Chairboys fell to a 3-1 defeat to Bristol City on Saturday afternoon, though a sparkling second half performance from the Wanderers gave a promising indication of what is to come ahead of the League One campaign.

City took the lead on 38 minutes after Jamie Young's initial clearing punch was controlled 12-yards out, and beautifully lobbed home by Marvin Elliot.

Five second half substitutions re-invigorated the visitors and they bagged a deserved equalizer ten minutes from the break, as Carl Cart took advantage of tenacious work from Chris Zebroski to dash into the area before squaring for Matty Phillips to tap home from close range.

The Buckinghamshire boys looked the brighter team at that stage but it wasn't to be, as David Clarkson took advantage of a lapse of concentration from the Wycombe back-line to head home unmarked with twenty minutes remaining.

John Akinde had the honour of receiving his League Two promotion medal from Peter Taylor before kick-off and perhaps that was still praying on his mind as he came off the bench to take on his former club - remarkably missing a penalty in the dying stages after Marvin Elliot was clumsily felled by John Mousinho.

The men in the quarters were still stroking the ball around nicely as the game rolled into injury time but the score line was destined not to tell the fall tale of the game, as substitute Ivan Sproule broke the offside trap in the dying seconds to tap home City's third goal of the afternoon.

Peter Taylor told wwfc.com: "I thought we started well and played some nice football, but there was just a bit of a lack of communication for the goals which we'll need to work on.

"I thought Carl Cort did some good things, we told him that he could stick around and train with us if he wanted and he was really keen to play today so we gave him 45 minutes. I thought he did well and I was impressed with him.

"I've also brought in Danny Spiller on trial, he has been released so we've brought him in to have a look, he'll be with us this week."

Was that written by Randy Stockingtop just before he was about to "move his car"?

Wycombe did play well for the first twenty minutes as Peter Taylor seems to allude to. But "stroking the ball around in the second half" and "sparkling second half performance"? They hardly touched the ball for any concerted period in the second half - I think the reporter must have been colour blind or blind drunk.

Was that written by Randy Stockingtop just before he was about to "move his car"?

Wycombe did play well for the first twenty minutes as Peter Taylor seems to allude to. But "stroking the ball around in the second half" and "sparkling second half performance"? They hardly touched the ball for any concerted period in the second half - I think the reporter must have been colour blind or blind drunk.

Maybe it's just a local hack trying to be posative! There are some about.

Archived