IGNORED

How Is Basso Different From Orr ?

andy g

As I remember Bradley Orr wanted out of the club not that long ago. He put in a transfer request, apparently in the hope some big club would snap him up and Gary Johnson dropped him from the team because "his head wasnt in the right place"

Now, Bradley is forgiven and one of the first names on the teamsheet again.

Now I dont know whats happened behind the scenes, but is it impossible to believe that Basso could win back his place in the team ? Would he be accepted back by the fans ?

And if not, why not ?

Bradley Orr didn't sign his contract, he said he wanted to stay but wanted a better deal. GJ knew his contract was running down so wanted to get money when he could but then Brad signed his contract. He NEVER put in a transfer request.

Basso promised to GJ he would sign a contract so GJ could sell Weale but then at an awkward time let the club down by handing in a transfer request.

Orr didnt put in a transfer request but let his intentions be known by not signing a new contract - difference one puts in a written transfer request the other let it be known he wasnt going to sign a new deal - both get their names circulated as being available.

GJ drops Orr, GJ drops Basso - same thing. Defensively we get in the shit and had brian wilson playing left back - GJ used his head and brought Orr back - currently GJ has Gerken available and the option to buy/loan someone - if when the transfer window is hut the choice is Basso or Carey in goal then just like when the defence got so many injuries then GJ could give Basso a go - however Goalkeeping crisis's can always be overcome as there are no loan windows for goalkeepers - so even if the goalkeeping crisis was severe at AG, GJ could bring in a loan - so GJ can even afford not to bring Basso into the set up if we didnt have any keepers available.

In addition as to whether I would welcome him back the answer is yes if he does it quickly and GJ accepts Basso's sincerity - I personally dont like his time wasting antics, feigning injury and clumsy goalkeeping - saying all that I do think he is a fabulous goalie, just one with some annoyances that I dont like.

On a different topic but to spare the multiplication of threads.

If Basso is sidelined with us all season, that is nobody wants him and he doesn't play for us again then does anybody know roughly what percentage wages he loses?

And for somebody leaving for more money, apparently, it could be catastrophic and the biter bit.

Bradley Orr didn't sign his contract, he said he wanted to stay but wanted a better deal. GJ knew his contract was running down so wanted to get money when he could but then Brad signed his contract. He NEVER put in a transfer request.

That's an interesting spin you've put on it !

The way it was described by Johnson was that he was offered a very good contract and he said "no" because he wanted better money and thought he could get it elsewhere. Exactly what Basso has done.

Yes, you're right Orr didn't put in a transfer request. But with his contract running out in six months he didnt have to and Johnson had little choice but to put him on the transfer list.

You could see that as being more disruptive than Basso, because it was halfway through the season, not during the summer break.

If Basso is sidelined with us all season, that is nobody wants him and he doesn't play for us again then does anybody know roughly what percentage wages he loses?

My guess would be none, I believed players retained 100% of their wages regardless of injury status. That's why Steve Brooker can still put food on the table!

Speaking to Orr at the time, he was adament that he loved City and did not want to leave. He had a family on the way and wanted to provide for them. I don't think he wanted to necessarily move to a 'bigger' club. Unlike Basso, I believe Orr is thankful for what City has done for him. SL and GJ supported him, ignoring calls for him to be sacked after the nightclub fracas and Carey headbutt incident. City have clearly developed him as a player and his commitment is second to none. The same can be said for Basso, just delete the 'commitment is second to none' part. :disapointed2se:

Archived