IGNORED

5-3-2/3-5-2

Spike

I've been reading a lot of the information that has been posted and I've also been reading the news at bcfc.co.uk and obviously there seems to be a big emphasis on use playing the 5-3-2/3-5-2 with wing backs system this season.

I'm trying to make a big update for the FIFA 10 data team and I have already drawn up the 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation but I was wondering how certain it is we will be playing this system as I obviously do not want to mess the data team about.

I did read one quote from GJ saying

"We've got Andre Blackman who I see as a fantastic prospect for us. I'm also pleased with the form of our wing backs at present.

which leads me to believe that McIndoe would have been played as a wing back had he not moved on. GJ obviously in my opinion would have said We've got Andre Blackman who I see as a fantastic prospect for us. I'm also confident Blackman can do the job on the wing" or something along those lines if we were going to play a 4-4-2.

So is the 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation a cert? Also who do you think our starting line up will be for the season?

Note: cheers for any replies, this should all go towards helping the FIFA database team recreate us realistically in FIFA 10 so many thanks for any input.

To answer your questions: 3-4-1-2 seems to be certain for Saturday; team looks like the one that started against Wycombe.

How exactly did the team look then? I haven't been able to keep up with things due to moving and so on and living across the water >.<

Was it like so?

Clarkson   Maynard

Haynes

Hartley	Elliott

McAllister							  Orr 

Carey, Fontaine Nyatanga

Gerken

I'm really not that worried about the formation, if this doesn't work in the first few games, chances are that Gary would change it and all this talk of formations pre season would of been for nothing.

We are basically talking filler until Saturday when we have something proper to talk about

I'm really not that worried about the formation, if this doesn't work in the first few games, chances are that Gary would change it and all this talk of formations pre season would of been for nothing.

We are basically talking filler until Saturday when we have something proper to talk about

I'm not looking for a discussion on what will and won't happen but a confirmation on what formation we are currently playing so I can keep the FIFA 10 team up to date on the formation/team we are playing.

3 have 3 data reviewers on these forums who collect data (including myself) and some feedback from the fans in terms of what Bristol Citys formation and team is most likely to be keeps Bristol City up to date in FIFA 10.

in fairness not many teams play the 442 anymore in the higher leagues.

We did - and it could have worked had Sproule lived up to his billing when we signed him.

However, I'm more than happy to switch to a Barcelona-esque line-up with Danny Haynes as Samuel Eto, Nicky Maynard as Tierry Henry and Davie Clarkson in the Messi role (with Hartley doing a passable impression of Andres Iniesta!).

Well_red

We did - and it could have worked had Sproule lived up to his billing when we signed him.

However, I'm more than happy to switch to a Barcelona-esque line-up with Danny Haynes as Samuel Eto, Nicky Maynard as Tierry Henry and Davie Clarkson in the Messi role (with Hartley doing a passable impression of Andres Iniesta!).

Well_red

with marvin playing as Xavi!!

I guess the key thing in this formation is that if you're caught with both wing-backs up field, the two holding midfielders need to track back quickly to fill in the holes - the centre halves shuffle across and the DMFs cover the gap left behind.

How exactly did the team look then? I haven't been able to keep up with things due to moving and so on and living across the water >.<

Was it like so?

Clarkson   Maynard

Haynes

Hartley	Elliott

McAllister							  Orr 

Carey, Fontaine Nyatanga

Gerken

Yes it was but Carey and Nyatanga were the other way around and Haynes was more up front with Maynard with Clarkson in behind but they all moved around alot.

I can see McCombe as a switch for Fontaine,

Blackman as a switch for McAllister,

Ribiero and Sproule as a switch for Orr,

Wilson as a switch for Carey,

Skuse and Lee Johnson as switches for Hartley and Elliott,

Williams as a switch for Clarkson,

Akinde, Trundle and Sproule as a switch for the strikers.

And Brian Wilson will probably play everywhere :L

Artus, Plummer and Kington will probably go out on loan somewhere.

Please make us good ;)

Archived