IGNORED

Radio Bristol Commentary Of Every Match This Season!

Tim S

On the main site it says that radio Bristol will be broadcasting every single City match in the league this season, along with Rovers and Yeovil too using the 3 radio Bristol frequencies (94.9fm 1548mw and 95.5fm).

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1745344,00.html

This is great news!!!

But what the hell is NTTDS going to have to moan about now???? This is a dark day for him!

The dark side says its wonderfull news,so I don't mind saying a big thank you to the BBC and the Football league.

With the frequencies I just hope the away side gets the 1548MW(City or Rovers) as the signal travels further

and the home team gets the FM Frequencies,94:9 for the Bristol aerial 103:6 for the Bath aerial and 104:6 for the weston aerial

The dark side says its wonderfull news,so I don't mind saying a big thank you to the BBC and the Football league.

With the frequencies I just hope the away side gets the 1548MW(City or Rovers) as the signal travels further

and the home team gets the FM Frequencies,94:9 for the Bristol aerial 103:6 for the Bath aerial and 104:6 for the weston aerial

er..... unless i've read it wrong don't you have to pay for the ability to get the commentry on the internet?

Ok if your in the area you can listen on the radio - unless you're rural and can't get the signal.... then you have to pay for BBC commentry.... and i thought i already paid for my licence fee to that bunch of money wasters.

If i'm wrong and read it incorrectly then - I'm sorry Auntie!!

er..... unless i've read it wrong don't you have to pay for the ability to get the commentry on the internet?

Ok if your in the area you can listen on the radio - unless you're rural and can't get the signal.... then you have to pay for BBC commentry.... and i thought i already paid for my licence fee to that bunch of money wasters.

If i'm wrong and read it incorrectly then - I'm sorry Auntie!!

Well first of all, City dont have to broadcast it online if they dont want to - its just something that they choose to do and it comes part of the Player package that you pay for. Its nothing to do with the BBC who just allow City to broadcast their commentary rather than having to have their own commentators.

As for the signal issues - radio Bristol has a certain area to broadcast to and that is the area of Bristol. If you dont live in Bristol but can pick up the signal then its a bonus and if you cant get it then its not radio Bristols fault.

Well first of all, City dont have to broadcast it online if they dont want to - its just something that they choose to do and it comes part of the Player package that you pay for. Its nothing to do with the BBC who just allow City to broadcast their commentary rather than having to have their own commentators.

As for the signal issues - radio Bristol has a certain area to broadcast to and that is the area of Bristol. If you dont live in Bristol but can pick up the signal then its a bonus and if you cant get it then its not radio Bristols fault.

Yea if your outside the area of course on the radio there's nothing they can do...... but there was a time they put it on the BBC Bristol Website.... and they could quite easily stream it.

Someone put a stop to that..... the question is who... was it the beeb... was it BCFC... or was it the Football League??

Also i think that City used to provide their own commentry on the old World (i was in Leeds around 2003) - which was terrible. Having the ability to listen to "radio" commentry on the internet is a big deal to exiles and my point is if the BBC are doing it they SHOULD provide it on their website for free because i don't pay a licence for all the shocking crap they fill up BBC 1 -2 - 3 and 4 with..... but i quite happily pay it for Radio 1+2+5-live.... and local radio commentary

On the main site it says that radio Bristol will be broadcasting every single City match in the league this season, along with Rovers and Yeovil too using the 3 radio Bristol frequencies (94.9fm 1548mw and 95.5fm).

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1745344,00.html

This is great news!!!

But what the hell is NTTDS going to have to moan about now???? This is a dark day for him!

NO IT IS NOT...... Dorset gets..... 95.5Fm........... so that is rubbish........ BCFC is bigger than Bristol........You make of it what you wish but it is bad news.

NO IT IS NOT...... Dorset gets..... 95.5Fm........... so that is rubbish........ BCFC is bigger than Bristol........You make of it what you wish but it is bad news.

Your right it is utterly discriminating against - or fleecing- which everway you think of it against exiled fans.

Guest ashtonyate

I agree with away broadcast but not home ones ,it make it easier to stop going to games if the team is struggling or bad weather.

Going around the ground every 15 minutes is a good compromise but not every home game.

As far as radio is concerned it's a good short term deal at best. I am still waiting to hear what the plans are when these channels are switched off and we all go digital. Currently there is only the one digital channel and up to last year that channel carried the "interrupted" coverage for away games, sending you off to Bath, etc, to hear the news.

It's getting harder to find a working radio that has the capacity for theses things in my house, It's like having to dig out the old VCR to play tapes you had from years ago.

I'm sure NTTDS can confirm this, but I think the reason you can't listen to the commentaries on the BBC website is that the Football League (and it's clubs) own the ONLINE rights, and therefore don't permit the beeb to to do (thus making us fork out 40 quid a year for City Player).

I'm sure NTTDS can confirm this, but I think the reason you can't listen to the commentaries on the BBC website is that the Football League (and it's clubs) own the ONLINE rights, and therefore don't permit the beeb to to do (thus making us fork out 40 quid a year for City Player).

That's correct.

The BBC will make best use of the Championship rights it has this year with TV coverage and highlights available on the red button and the i-player.

I think the BBC Bristol deal is a good one...not perfect if - like me - you live outside the BBC Bristol area but as good as Geoff and his team can do without the rights to broadcast live online....which is one of the main selling points of Bristol City Player.

Archived