IGNORED

When Are We Going To Be Told?

CiderEM

I dont want to start another Basso thread, but i cant help wondering when are we going to be told whats going on. We were supposed to have a loan goalkeeper by monday, then tuesday, and then wednesday. But its now thursday and were all still sat here guessing. The season starts in less than 48 hours and this whole situation is starting to hang a dark cloud over what should be an exciting time. So come on Gary, or Basso, and tell what the hell is going on!!!

I would not be prepared to accept this potential U-Turn. Basso's heart can't be in the club if he handed in a transfer request. SO even if he was back in the squad I wouldn't be so sure that his head and his motivation would be in the right place. We are better off with someone who wants the number one Jersey with a passion. But I agree in that we need to know whether a loan keeper is coming in or not.

Ok, on a completely different note, well kind of....

If for some reason we only had one keeper in the squad and he got injured or sent off, or maybe the sub keeper also got injured or sent off (it has been known!) - out of the current first team squad (based on the squad that faced Wycombe) - which player would go in goal???

I remember years ago Brian Tinnion was our emergency keeper if the poop hit the fan.... but who do you think is our current one???

If for some reason we only had one keeper in the squad and he got injured or sent off, or maybe the sub keeper also got injured or sent off (it has been known!) - out of the current first team squad (based on the squad that faced Wycombe) - which player would go in goal???

I remember years ago Brian Tinnion was our emergency keeper if the poop hit the fan.... but who do you think is our current one???

I have a funny feeling it would be Cole Skuse? Dont ask why :tumbleweed:

Normally I think its a midfielder or a striker that goes in goal as the defence needs to be as strong as it can be, so normally you wont want to move one of your defenders back into goal.

Having said that, Bradley Orr I think would be a good candidate if we had someone on the bench to replace him!

I miss the old days before sub 'keepers when outfield players had to go in goal - I remember one game against Derby when their 'keeper (Steve Sutton I think) got sent off for wrestling Gary Shelton to the ground and had to go. I think Paul Williams it was who stood in and he let in 4!!

Wasn't that live on HTV way back in the day? Or is my memory playing tricks on me?

We should not be hanging around for Basso to make his mind up, no one player should dictate the club, I am actuially starting to think this is all part of Basso's plan, I think he likes the attention and being built up as the hero/headline maker I think the "One for the camera saves" the petulant arguements with strikers who challange for 50/50 balls that they are entitled to go for, the silly injuries and now the club hanging on for him!

I for one want a new keeper! Not a Basso U turn! If he does play for us again, then I do not want booing, or slating but I also would hate to hear O Basso ringing around the gate as tough nothing has ever happened! He will need to demonstrate for 2-3yrs that he is again worthy of the enourmous praise he gets!

We could always replace him with this guy, then everyone would be happy:

On 6th August it was leaked via internet forums that Anthony would be singing for Bristol City F.C on the 7th August and go straight into the Bristol City squad for the season opening game away to Preston, chairman Steve Lansdown was overjoyed by the fact that he will save £39.99 plus lettering as the old club hero turned rat had the same name as the new incoming superstar, every cloud does have a silver lining. :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

Number 12, The fans...

No, seriously, I'd like to see Elliot in goal (Don't know why - just have a feeling he'd be good!), but think it'd more likley be McCombe.

I would not be prepared to accept this potential U-Turn. Basso's heart can't be in the club if he handed in a transfer request. SO even if he was back in the squad I wouldn't be so sure that his head and his motivation would be in the right place. We are better off with someone who wants the number one Jersey with a passion. But I agree in that we need to know whether a loan keeper is coming in or not.

What even if Basso is a better keeper.................. talk sense man?

I dont want to start another Basso thread, but i cant help wondering when are we going to be told whats going on. We were supposed to have a loan goalkeeper by monday, then tuesday, and then wednesday. But its now thursday and were all still sat here guessing. The season starts in less than 48 hours and this whole situation is starting to hang a dark cloud over what should be an exciting time. So come on Gary, or Basso, and tell what the hell is going on!!!

City have until later today to sign a loan keeper in time to register for tomorrows game. Or they will start with the one keeper.

What i hear this morning basso wont even be on the bench.

Whose to blame for this great start to a new season, basso or the management?

Get it sorted City. :disapointed2se:

City have until later today to sign a loan keeper in time to register for tomorrows game. Or they will start with the one keeper.

What i hear this morning basso wont even be on the bench.

Whose to blame for this great start to a new season, basso or the management?

Get it sorted City. :disapointed2se:

Why would we start with just one keeper?

There are accademy keepers in the club as well as That Brazilian chap and the academy boys are good enuf to sit on a bench, be good experience for him

Why would we start with just one keeper?

There are accademy keepers in the club as well as That Brazilian chap and the academy boys are good enuf to sit on a bench, be good experience for him

Just stating what was said on rad Bris this morning, but as you see now basso is going to preston ONLY because there is no one else.

Archived