IGNORED

Thanks For Nowt Ref

jeade

just back and what started as a nightmare journey (5 1/2 hours) to get there ended in frustration when near 5pm the ref gives them a pen which turns out to be last kick near as dam it.

Not a great 1st half performance and created little and had a couple of let offs. 2nd half we were very good and with the pace of Haynes & Maynard we will cause loads of problems. Gutted we couldn't hold on but where did all that time come from?

Positives were all the new boys especially Hartley although Clarkson was quiet but scored. McCallister was excellent but MOM was Maynard who looked a £2m player today.

One moan Sproule adds nothing and a 2 on 1 to win it before they equalised and he showed no football brain as he delayed the pass to Williams.

• Admin
just back and what started as a nightmare journey (5 1/2 hours) to get there ended in frustration when near 5pm the ref gives them a pen which turns out to be last kick near as dam it.

Not a great 1st half performance and created little and had a couple of let offs. 2nd half we were very good and with the pace of Haynes & Maynard we will cause loads of problems. Gutted we couldn't hold on but where did all that time come from?

Positives were all the new boys especially Hartley although Clarkson was quiet but scored. McCallister was excellent but MOM was Maynard who looked a £2m player today.

One moan Sproule adds nothing and a 2 on 1 to win it before they equalised and he showed no football brain as he delayed the pass to Williams.

You were lucky, my journey took 6 hours including a lovely 90 min spell stood chatting to people in the outside lane of the M5, meaning I missed the first 30 mins.

Today reminded me why I don't go away so much any more.

9.30 in the morning should be early enough to do 188 miles by 3pm. :disapointed2se:

Also just back, no comment on the hand ball as I haven't seen it again but the ref had a good game in my opinon, If someone decides to kick the ball at him that ain't his fault, and the added on time was correct as you never play exactly 4 minutes , its just hard luck, if the ball hadn't had hit the hand and been cleared instead game over, no problem to me.

Thought it was an excellent 2nd half display, main complaint was we played too deep last 10 mins not the ref.

they say it evens it's self out but im still waiting for our slice of luck from the swansea game at ag which was CLEARY over the line that's two we have in the bag now or three if you include that cheating florist **** aswell i hope we use them to get some questionable penalties at baardiff

• Admin
Also just back, no comment on the hand ball as I haven't seen it again but the ref had a good game in my opinon, If someone decides to kick the ball at him that ain't his fault, and the added on time was correct as you never play exactly 4 minutes , its just hard luck, if the ball hadn't had hit the hand and been cleared instead game over, no problem to me.

Thought it was an excellent 2nd half display, main complaint was we played too deep last 10 mins not the ref.

I'll watch it again before completely condemning him but it seemed to me like the pass to Maynard was hit softly enough to give the ref time to get out the way of the ball as so many other manage. I've already in my mind put it down to "one of those things" and accepted that in the scheme of things a "point at Preston" is a good result (ask any Cardiff fan what they'd swap for a point at Preston last season ;)) but all that said, it's still a little frustrating nonetheless.

Oh and Hartley is epic.

You were lucky, my journey took 6 hours including a lovely 90 min spell stood chatting to people in the outside lane of the M5, meaning I missed the first 30 mins.

Today reminded me why I don't go away so much any more.

9.30 in the morning should be early enough to do 188 miles by 3pm. :disapointed2se:

My 5 hours 10 mins was a breeze then. You're right - the gloss is coming off these long away trips.....

Archived