IGNORED

City Vs Brentford

CARLE08

ok so we have some key players on international duty mcoombe injured brentford look like there gonna be a good side in league one so who should start and who should be rested maybe akinde and plummer upfront depending what formation GJ wants to do and maybe put sum of the other young players in

,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.Gerkin

,.,.,.,Wilson, McCombe, Nyatanga

Ribiero,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,Blackman

,.,.,,.,,.Williams, Skuse, Artus

.,.,.,.,.,.,Plummer, Akinde

Subs Include:

Marlon Jackson

Ashley Kington

Joe Edwards

Jordan Walker

You could possible argue the that Brian Wilson and Sproule should get game time but I would be very happy with seeing how the above team plays.

Subs Include:

Marlon Jackson

Ashley Kington

Joe Edwards

Jordan Walker

You could possible argue the that Brian Wilson and Sproule should get game time but I would be very happy with seeing how the above team plays.

I'm afraid McCombe is injured and Wilson, Nyatanga and Ribeiro are on international duty. :disapointed2se:

Guest churchill gaffer
ok so we have some key players on international duty mcoombe injured brentford look like there gonna be a good side in league one so who should start and who should be rested maybe akinde and plummer upfront depending what formation GJ wants to do and maybe put sum of the other young players in

I can't believe the FA can do this to us! :disapointed2se:

This situation reminds me of an FA cup game at Griffin park that we had to fit in on a Thursday night before facing a crucial league game on Saturday. We also played a depleted team to keep player fresh for Saturday. As I recall it went to extra time and penalties and we still lost. And we lost the subsequent Saturday game.

Despite that, I always enjoy a trip to Brentford as it is a friendly little ground, and I live about 3 miles from it! See you in one of the corner pubs on Tuesday!

Subs Include:

Marlon Jackson

Ashley Kington

Joe Edwards

Jordan Walker

i think this team would show we are taking brentford lightly, i see this as an important game and hope we play a much stronger line up.

i think this team would show we are taking brentford lightly, i see this as an important game and hope we play a much stronger line up.

In my opinion SL has invested in the free coaches for fans to the Brentford cup match as he wants a run in the cup for the financial potential. GJ has obviously informed him we have a large enough squad to be capable of this! Who knows how far we might go and who we might play!! Get your bonus points - or whatever they are called on your membership card, the big clubs beckon!

With Clarkson, Hartley, McAllister, Ribeiro, Wilson and Nyatanga all on international duty, Henderson and McCombe injured (although Boom maybe fit for Tuesday..?) and Basso unlikely to be playing unless something major changes, I can imagine we may line up with a back four due to the personnel available, but without too many alterations to the actual players.

My guess (and at this stage that's all it can be really) is;

GK - New loan keeper (GJ has stated this would likely be the case) or Gerken in the advent of one arriving in time.

LB - Blackman

RB - Orr

CB - Carey

CB - Fontaine

CM - Johnson

CM - Elliott

CM - Skuse

FW/ACM - Williams

FW - Maynard

FW - Haynes

If we are looking to progress in the Cup and compeate with what looks like a decent looking Brentford outfit (from the brief highlights on the BBC site they look okay) we'd be better giving sticking with as many first choice players as possible in my eyes.

Interesting to note that it was high-flying Brentford who John Akinde scored twice against on his Wycombe debut last year; maybe he'll be given a chance to repeat that feat?

Another point to be made is that who many minutes does anyone here think out international will rack up this week? Hartley is pretty much nailed on to play some part, as will be Nyatanga, but the other two Scots and our under 21 boys (those two due to fitness mainly) might not even get off the bench. Is this positive or negative in your eyes?

With Clarkson, Hartley, McAllister, Ribeiro, Wilson and Nyatanga all on international duty, Henderson and McCombe injured (although Boom maybe fit for Tuesday..?) and Basso unlikely to be playing unless something major changes, I can imagine we may line up with a back four due to the personnel available, but without too many alterations to the actual players.

My guess (and at this stage that's all it can be really) is;

GK - New loan keeper (GJ has stated this would likely be the case) or Gerken in the advent of one arriving in time.

LB - Blackman

RB - Orr

CB - Carey

CB - Fontaine

CM - Johnson

CM - Elliott

CM - Skuse

FW/ACM - Williams

FW - Maynard

FW - Haynes

If we are looking to progress in the Cup and compeate with what looks like a decent looking Brentford outfit (from the brief highlights on the BBC site they look okay) we'd be better giving sticking with as many first choice players as possible in my eyes.

Interesting to note that it was high-flying Brentford who John Akinde scored twice against on his Wycombe debut last year; maybe he'll be given a chance to repeat that feat?

Another point to be made is that who many minutes does anyone here think out international will rack up this week? Hartley is pretty much nailed on to play some part, as will be Nyatanga, but the other two Scots and our under 21 boys (those two due to fitness mainly) might not even get off the bench. Is this positive or negative in your eyes?

I'd go for this line up...having seen a glimpse of Blackman at Yeovil I'm looking forward to seeing more.

I think international experience is good for the players and for the squad...whether they make it on the pitch or not.

McAllister and Clarkson deserve their chance on yesterday's form.

We might see a slightly unbalanced team on Tuesday what with the 6 call ups and other injuries. Playing 3-5-2 is ruled out unless McCombe returns from injury- surely Skuse won't drop back into defence? Are Blackman fit and B Wilson fit?

Not having any left winger in the squad doesn't help either.

Gerkin

B Wilson Carey Fontaine Blackman

Williams Skuse Johnson

Sproule Akinde Haynes

Subs:

Basso

Orr

Edwards

Elliot

Maynard

Artus

Plummer

Hopefully the players close to our starting X1 will get a game- thinking particularly of B Wilson, Williams, Skuse, Johnson, Akinde and Sproule, so we can afford to rest the likes of Orr, Elliot and Maynard. Then we'll need 3 of the youngsters (who are a bit further away from the first team) to fill the other bench places.

Gerkin-Orr, Carey, Fonts-B.Wilson, Elliott, Johnson, Skuse, Blackman-Maynard, Haynes Subs: Basso, Williams, Edwards, Akinde, Artus, Plummer,Trundle.

3-5-2 defensive but designed to get a result. plenty of pace, on both flanks and up front.

Interesting putting Orr in the back three. GJ has done this before and, looking at the team you've picked, it does have more balance than the one I laid out above.

Of course if McCombe is fit I'd imagine he'd be in the side, but I actually like your selection better than mine!

Maybe, if GJ is looking to rest one or two, Akinde or even Plummer (or both) might get a starting chance. Putting them in the side ahead of Haynes and Maynard would certainly indicate that this cup is not a priority though.

Judging by his comments after the game (as reported in the press) it looks like the Brentford manager might be resting some of his players for the game as well.

Their website says they're not even opening all sides of the ground for the match.

Archived