IGNORED

What If?

mossey

the big worry is if we don't go up through the lottery how many players could we lose, how much longer are players like, Doc, Matty, Coles, going to hang around waiting for promotion. My belief the players we have are good enough, its the manager and some of his tactics that have cost us automatic promotion, ie start of season playing burnell , doc in midfield, wiltshire out wide, not playing tins, his signinings, not getting a goalscorer, when all could see thats what we needed months ago, etc,etc, saying thats lets hope we make it, if not Wilson had his chance and must go, perhaps give it to someone like rosenior, there that should put the cat amongst the robins!! :city:

You make a lot of valid points that I agree with.

I would say though that this is not the time for an inquiry to the sucecces / failures of the 2003/04 campaign. I like my mates who went out for a pre-arranged end of (regular) season pub crawl felt a bit deflated. BUT it's how everyone connected with the club reacts to this situation.

If everyone feels bitter or sorry for themselves then it will be another play off distaster for the club. Everybody needs to be positve and believe that City can achieve promotion, the future is still in the hands of the payers and manager (bar some awful refereeing!).

Footballing wise City have nothing to fear by the next few weeks, they are well organised and when they get the ball down and pass, with balance on left and right flanks they are the best team in the divison. As born out by the results against the two promoted teams.

The main prolem has been the conversion of chances to goals ratio, which would appear to have been temporarily solved by the return of Roberts to his striking role.

Let's get behind the team the, atmosphers until understandbly becoming deflated yesterday was first class. The forum will be here in the summer, I belive that will be the time to discuss the rights and wrongs .

Guest bcfcsols

Couldnt have put it better myself. Although I admit I am worried about losing some of our best players especially with the speculation about Coles at the end of last season, but nows the time to get completely behind the lads for the next three (yes three!) games.

Comeon city!

Something we have to be thankful for though is that a lot of the team are from Bristol and are City supporters.

Just offer them a new contract. Saying that though I honestly believe that we will go up via the playoffs and so won't have to worry about this at all :city:

Archived