IGNORED

Lessons To Be Learned

City1970

Now the dust have settled and the frustrations are subsiding, there are lessons to be learned. Last season we conceded quite a few late goals due to lack of concentration as Gary would put it.

There were a lot of positives from yesterday, firstly the starting line up was spot on. The formation seemed to work well especially for counter attacking football, not sure how it will work at home though. All the new signings look good especially Hartley. We are creating lots of chances although we must start putting a higher percentage away. We now have pace and craft in key areas.

The only negative is the fact Gary makes substitutions for the sake of it and by taking off the most effective players is not good.

I am more optimistic this season than I was at this stage last season. The first goal is 50 points only 49 to go.

If Gary and the boys can learn from the mistakes and barring injury then a top 6 finish is possible.

So come on Gary don`t change things when in a winning position.

Now the dust have settled and the frustrations are subsiding, there are lessons to be learned. Last season we conceded quite a few late goals due to lack of concentration as Gary would put it.

There were a lot of positives from yesterday, firstly the starting line up was spot on. The formation seemed to work well especially for counter attacking football, not sure how it will work at home though. All the new signings look good especially Hartley. We are creating lots of chances although we must start putting a higher percentage away. We now have pace and craft in key areas.

The only negative is the fact Gary makes substitutions for the sake of it and by taking off the most effective players is not good.

I am more optimistic this season than I was at this stage last season. The first goal is 50 points only 49 to go.

If Gary and the boys can learn from the mistakes and barring injury then a top 6 finish is possible.

So come on Gary don`t change things when in a winning position.

A top 6 start is something to be going on with.

:city:

We can't know why GJ made the substitutions - they didn't seem unreasonable at the time. Agree on 50 points though...let's get them first...

Archived