IGNORED

A new manager needed?

Mr Mosquito

I'm just wondering when the BCFC board will finally bring in a new manager to rescue BCFC from its current mediocrity. Will we have to wait until Wilson's contract is up in 2.5 years? Or will the directors act now before too many fans drift off. I'm wondering if we could possibly afford to bring in a manager like Ron Atkinson i.e. someone that has good coaching skills with the ability to bring in good players. :Confused13:

Guest Cyprus_Red

no no no the key to sucess is to stick with ure manager. for example alex ferguson at the start of hes reign at man u they were all callin 4 his head. arsenal wenger.

i no wilson isnt no ferguson or wenger but loyality is the key 4 sucess.

I first started panicking about Danny Wilson's ability to get us promotion back in April 2002. About 3,000 City fans travelled to Blackpool with the expectation of us getting a result there to get us into the play-offs. Needless to say we lost 1-5 to a Blackpool side with little to play for. :clap:

One and a half years have passed since that dreadful defeat and we've got even more Danny Wilson signed players and still look no better. Danny Wilson seems as clueless as Pulis to me.

i no wilson isnt no ferguson or wenger but loyality is the key 4 sucess.

It is such a common misconception to point to succesful managers and use them as examples of why stability is a good thing.

They have been in their jobs for a long time because they are good, they aren't good because they have been in the same jobs for a long time.

If they had poor records, they'd have been given the boot a long time ago.

No team is going to sack a succesful manager hence the longest serving ones are usually the better ones. Unfortunately, I think Bristol City employ the exception to the rule.

Guest Cyprus_Red

It is such a common misconception to point to succesful managers and use them as examples of why stability is a good thing.

They have been in their jobs for a long time because they are good, they aren't good because they have been in the same jobs for a long time.

If they had poor records, they'd have been given the boot a long time ago.

No team is going to sack a succesful manager hence the longest serving ones are usually the better ones. Unfortunately, I think Bristol City employ the exception to the rule.

60% voted 4 ferguson to leave he didnt win the trophys straight away took him 4 years to win hes first title

60% voted 4 ferguson to leave he didnt win the trophys straight away took him 4 years to win hes first title

And we won't be winning a title in this manager's fourth year. In all likelihood, we'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

• Admin
I first started panicking about Danny Wilson's ability to get us promotion back in April 2002. About 3,000 City fans travelled to Blackpool with the expectation of us getting a result there to get us into the play-offs. Needless to say we lost 1-5 to a Blackpool side with little to play for.  :clap:

One and a half years have passed since that dreadful defeat and we've got even more Danny Wilson signed players and still look no better. Danny Wilson seems as clueless as Pulis to me.

Yet more believers..........

Guest gibmonkey

RON ATKINSON!!!! You have to be a gashead to reccomend such ###### managers!! Why not go for malcom alison? or Barry Fry?

When a young wilson took Barnsley to the top flight many said ' I wish we could have Wilson'. Well we have him!!!

Get a grip!!!! Were a club with potential!! We have'nt reached our potential yet. Therefore we are ######!!! Who would want to come? After all they would have to win 5 - 0 every week playing entertaining football just to keep the fans happy!! Or the 'fans' may go and watch yeovil instead ( as suggested in another forum ).

We have a large structure at the club and all the teams throughout play a system all the way through. This is to ensure that when players take a step up they are not phased by the change in style etc.

For a club like city we need to base our future on a solid youth structure which we can be helped by continuity throughout the club.

The board are doing there best. Are the 'fans' doing theres? I think most are but we must show it!!! Sing loud, sing proud!!! and remember - its always worse at the mem!!!

WE HAVE NO DEVINE RIGHT TO ANYTHING!!!

"theres another 29 games to go yet. thats 87pts to play 4. ne thing is possible"

Relegation!?

And in reply to gibmonkeys post I don't care what's going on down the Mem to be honest, there ain't any Rovers fans round here to laugh at, only Swindon, and I support City so if Rovers are losing and we are then that won't make me happy.

The traiditional Wilson fans always use the same excuses, remember his time at Barnsley etc. etc. well I also remember his time at Sheffield Wednesday, where he had such a disastirous stint there, that the local MP's moved to get him sacked.

This club is not going anywhere apart from backwards, selling Scott Murray was the worst thing this club could have done, and don't give me that rubbish that he wanted to go because he didn't, we just couldn't match Reading's wages but we still shouldn't have sold him! I mean look at what we've done with the money, bought a striker that we didn't need, we needed a poacher, as in Mark Robins or someone, so we sign someone totally opposite, then Luke Wilkshire who has not impressed me one bit.

The football is so boring aswell, Luton at home was a disgrace and it was like watching grass grow, it's no suprise that fans are drifting away, even I'm losing interest at the moment, although I still go. I honestly feel most managers in football at the moment could easyily take City up this season, play a attacking team at AG and get rid of the dead wood.

Without Scott Murray, Bristol City are nothing much special at all, and the directors underestimated that, now we're regretting that.

We should have brought John Ward back, but fair play to Cheltenham, they've done that and will get the benefits from him. Leeds paid off compensation for Peter Reid and Terry Venables when they're in 80 million pounds debt, surely City could just do this and get rid of Wilson.

The board have got to sort this out because this is a nightmare, I don't see any proof that we will make the top half, let alone top two as some fans are dreaming about.

Wilson out.

....and it was Mark Robins that helped win Ferguson his first title.

There I said it before anybody else did :Sleep12:

Guest Red_Rat

We can't get rid of Danny Wilson, consistency with managers usually results in some sucess, he deserves at least until the end of the season,if we aren't promoted then,well i'd agree he have failed in his and the clubs expectations.

Guest citylady

i totally agree with Tompo i was there as well in the alan dicks era and it was bad but he got us into the first in the end we need to keep danny wilson we need stability how many managers have we had the last few years and that isnt good for any club i dont agree with a lot of things danny wilson does BUT we need to hang on in there get behind danny and the team cos all the moaning in the world wont make the team play better they all need our support so please stop the moaning and get behind them all

The major point is that we appear to have gone backwards this season,rather than to have made steady progress. This would indicate that Wilson can't take us any further.

Under Dicks we made consistent progress even with little money to spend.

Wilson has hit the buffers. The performances show little idea of how to penetrate the most average of defences. I can quite honestly say I have been bored out of my skull this season. Wrexham away was the perfect cure for insomnia.

There doesn't appear to be any grounds for optimism.

Alan Dicks versus Danny Wilson

I too remember the cries of "Dicks must go". The same kind of culture does not exist at Ashton Gate these days with very little vocal discontent directed at Wilson.

To compare Dicks' achievements to the underperforming Wilson, as one post above did, is not right. Dicks got us promotion to the top flight after almost 10 years in charge. Alan Dicks' sides were always capable of beating the top sides in the land - I was there to witness some of those victories.

Contrast Dicks' achievements to those of Wilson. Wilson has won the LDV - a trophy Dicks could not have won, had it been around in the 1970's, as no Dicks BCFC side was ever in Div 3 (now Div 2). In contrast to Dicks BCFC sides, I always have the sneaking suspicion that any Danny Wilson side could lose to the ####piest sides in the land and can in no way compete with the best as under Dicks. Dicks could motivate his BCFC players for top games Wilson cannot.

I agree with Red Boy and Elvis_Dolman's posts on this subject as I too am becoming increasingly wrestless with our lack of progress with Wilson at the helm.

Wilson out

Up the City

I think it is fairly obvious to all that this is Wilson's crunch season. If he fails to win promotion this season, I think we'll have a new manager by next August.

Having said that, I still think the majority of the whingers have short memories when it comes to the "What's Wilson ever done for us?" question. And I still think he'll turn things around and we will win promotion in next May.

The last thing we want to do now is change managers - even if we could afford to - it just doesn't make sense at this moment in time.

The last thing we want to do now is change managers - even if we could afford to - it just doesn't make sense at this moment in time.

Level headed as always SR, I wouldn't say will win promotion, I'd say can and that's what Team City (board, management, players, supporters) should be focussing on.

Archived