IGNORED

Getting Fed Up

peanut

Before anyone starts, I know I dont post much, but I have been reading this forum for years and years, met up with loads of you for a game of footie in ashton park years ago (with our now-chairman playing centre-back). I have posted less and less over time as things have gone from bad to worse on here.

Am I the only one starting to get fed up with the way this forum is being moderated?

I was under the impression that it was run by the Supporters Trust, an Independant body, but it seems they are being used by the club.

Firstly, we have a team line-up being removed at the request of the club. Shouldn't have happend without a very good reason from the club, which none of us have yet seen.

And now we have posts about BASSO being removed left right and centre, again with no PROOF that what is said in them is wrong. I was under the impression that we had freedom of speach in this country, and opinions or people's version of events were valid unless illegal or proved incorrect. We have had several posts removed recently, because moderated think the version of events supplied are "rubbish". Surely the mods have enough respect for us to allow us to decide for ourselves what we want to believe, and what we dont!

Do the mod's have proof these things didnt happen? I know its not always possible to put it out there in public, but surely posters should be deemed as "innocent until proven guilty", ie a post should stand until a moderator can PROVE (maybe not to everyone) that what is said didnt happen and is factualy incorrect.

So yeah, why remove posts without prooof? Why remove posts cus Gary asked, with no valid reason given. Is this forum independant, and respect freedom of speach, or are the mods turning in to the clubs puppets?

Rant over

Before anyone starts, I know I dont post much, but I have been reading this forum for years and years, met up with loads of you for a game of footie in ashton park years ago (with our now-chairman playing centre-back). I have posted less and less over time as things have gone from bad to worse on here.

Am I the only one starting to get fed up with the way this forum is being moderated?

I was under the impression that it was run by the Supporters Trust, an Independant body, but it seems they are being used by the club.

Firstly, we have a team line-up being removed at the request of the club. Shouldn't have happend without a very good reason from the club, which none of us have yet seen.

And now we have posts about BASSO being removed left right and centre, again with no PROOF that what is said in them is wrong. I was under the impression that we had freedom of speach in this country, and opinions or people's version of events were valid unless illegal or proved incorrect. We have had several posts removed recently, because moderated think the version of events supplied are "rubbish". Surely the mods have enough respect for us to allow us to decide for ourselves what we want to believe, and what we dont!

Do the mod's have proof these things didnt happen? I know its not always possible to put it out there in public, but surely posters should be deemed as "innocent until proven guilty", ie a post should stand until a moderator can PROVE (maybe not to everyone) that what is said didnt happen and is factualy incorrect.

So yeah, why remove posts without prooof? Why remove posts cus Gary asked, with no valid reason given. Is this forum independant, and respect freedom of speach, or are the mods turning in to the clubs puppets?

Rant over

Theres alson no proof that they are right, which is technically Libel.

We don't remove them because they're correct, we remove them because they're unsubstantiated tittle tattle.

Freedom of speech is all very well, but it comes with responsibility. Unless you're suggesting I can call someone a paedophile on here and it's valid unless that person proves it to be incorrect.

With regard to Basso, if you want us to allow a free for all, where people can just make up any old theory and post it as fact, then I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

If you think you're fed up, you want to try moderating on here for a month.

We don't remove them because they're correct, we remove them because they're unsubstantiated tittle tattle.

"I heard" or "I saw", "unsubstantiated tittle tattle" sounds like every other thread i've read over the summer, why pick on these?

With regard to Basso, if you want us to allow a free for all, where people can just make up any old theory and post it as fact, then I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

Not any old theory, but if someone says "this is what i heard directly from the people involved...." who gives you the right to decide if its a fact or not? Oh yeh, the puppet masters, BCFC.

I also note no reply about the team lineup being removed, because it was the wrong call made with no justification and with no valid reason except Gary didnt like it.

Freedom of speech is all very well, but it comes with responsibility. Unless you're suggesting I can call someone a paedophile on here and it's valid unless that person proves it to be incorrect.

If you think you're fed up, you want to try moderating on here for a month.

Yes. But that is because you get paid the big bucks and all the pies you can muster.... :sun:

The easiest answer is, if you can affored to cover the legal costs then underwrite foe forum, if not it's little suprise that there is a zero tolerance on anything like the Basso thread.

On the other hand, the club got rid of otib and find it a tad dissapointing pressure is put on mods ie the portugal line ups.

"I heard" or "I saw", "unsubstantiated tittle tattle" sounds like every other thread i've read over the summer, why pick on these?

Not any old theory, but if someone says "this is what i heard directly from the people involved...." who gives you the right to decide if its a fact or not? Oh yeh, the puppet masters, BCFC.

I also note no reply about the team lineup being removed, because it was the wrong call made with no justification and with no valid reason except Gary didnt like it.

Ok, fair enough, I was prepared to try and discuss this with you sensibly, but if that's the tone you want to adopt, I can't be bothered.

Closed.

Any more complaints, do it by email to forum@otib.co.uk as per the forum rules.

The easiest answer is, if you can affored to cover the legal costs then underwrite foe forum, if not it's little suprise that there is a zero tolerance on anything like the Basso thread.

On the other hand, the club got rid of otib and find it a tad dissapointing pressure is put on mods ie the portugal line ups.

The Portugal line ups issue was discussed at length at the time, and as I said then, I was uncomfortable with being put in that situation. However, the Trust has looked into it and is putting processes in place to ensure we aren't put in that position again.

Archived