IGNORED

Glasgow Rangers Striker Andrius Velicka Season Long Loan

Edinburgh Red

Don't what to many loan signings remember Charlton etc.

Anyway what one rangers fan has said is: He's mostly rubbish but he'll probably score in every game he starts.

So I don't really know what to say.

If he scores in every game, who cares what he does the rest of the time. I've not seen too much of him but he certainly did well at Hearts.

I think he'd be an good signing, the attack is an area that could do with being bolstered and there's very little risk in a loan deal.

I don't see any reason why loan moves should be avoided - even Manchester United aren't averse to loaning players (Tevez - odd deal but was a loan) so why should we be? I wouldn't be keen on lots of loan players coming in but even that has been known to work well (Blackpool last season).

Right, I hate to be a pedant, but I've just noticed whilst browsing the 'Press Talk' section of the OS the Bristol Evening Post story about Velicka and spotted a minor (but telling) error;

He joined Rangers in 2008, since when he has made just eight first-team appearances.
But this is incorrect.

He actually played nine games (scoring five times), one in the cup.

Evil Post must be doing it's research only on here and Wiki again, as that is the stat it shows on there (doesn't show cup games).

Proof (if proof was needed) that Evening Post and facts do not get on.

Archived